After you've installed the JumpCloud Agent on your devices and they are reporting to JumpCloud, they will appear on the devices list in the Admin Portal. From the devices list, you can take bulk actions to require MFA, or drill into a specific device's details and add and apply policies, run commands, or change a device's group associations.
Viewing the Devices Overview
- Quickly view fleet distribution across your entire org, or view the release train details for macOS and Windows.
- Learn more in View Your OS Distribution.
Changing Device Settings
You can access Device Settings by clicking Settings at the top-right of either the Devices Overview or Devices List pages.
Set Devices List as Default Page
Toggle this On to set the Devices tab as the default page when navigating to DEVICE MANAGEMENT > Devices. Toggle this Off to set the Device Overview tab as the default page.
Self-Service Account Provisioning
Enable users to provision their JumpCloud account to devices from the login window. You can toggle this for macOS and Windows devices independently. You can also select the permission level of users added to devices (standard or administrator). See Provision New Users on Device Login.
Viewing the Devices List
Find your devices list by navigating to DEVICE MANAGEMENT > Devices in the Admin Portal and clicking the Devices tab.
You can set the Devices tab as the DEVICE MANAGEMENT default page by clicking Settings and setting the toggle to Set Devices List as Default Page On.
Adding a Device
To add a new device from the devices list, click ( + ). See Add a Device for more information.
Searching for a Device
Use the search bar or a filter to make it easier to find the devices you’re looking for.
- If there’s a specific device you’re interested in viewing, enter one of the device’s attributes in the search bar – like device (system) name, OS version, or serial number.
- When you’re done with your search, click ( x ) in the search bar to clear it.
- Use filter by to narrow search results by device status, device OS, disk encryption status, and/or MDM status.
- To remove a filter, click ( x ) in the search bar to clear it.
Using the More Actions Menu
The more actions menu lets admins enable actions across one or more devices from the list view. The more actions menu is inactive until one or more devices is selected. After devices are selected, use more actions to apply the following bulk actions:
- Enable MFA
- Disable MFA
- Enable System Insights
- Disable System Insights
When one or more device is selected from the device list, the delete button becomes active. After devices are selected, use delete to bulk delete devices. You are asked to confirm the number of devices you want to delete before proceeding.
Deleting an active device will uninstall the JumpCloud Agent and permanently remove all device data and associations. This action cannot be reversed.
Running the Users to Devices Report
Click Run Users To Devices Report to generate a report of all user attributes and device associations for each user. Stored reports are available for download 7 days after their creation timestamp.
See JumpCloud Reports for more information.
Customizing the Device List View
By default, the devices list displays 8 columns: Status, Device Name, OS, Primary Adapter IP, Created, MFA Status, and Last Contact. You can’t remove a device's name or status from the list view, but you can customize the other columns to display the information you want to see. Column options include (defaults in bold):
- Device Name
- Last Contact
- MFA Status
- Primary Adapter IP
- Agent Version
- Allow SSHD Config
- File System Type
- Has Service Account
- SSH Password Access
- SSH Public Key Access
- SSH Root Enabled
- SSH Root Login
- Secure Token Granted
- Serial Number
- Valid Disk Password
- Valid Local Password
To customize the devices list view, click columns, then select the information you want to display. Note: Maximum display is 8 columns.
Revert to the default device list view by clicking Revert to default columns.
Exporting the Users List
Use the export feature to (you guessed it) export all of your device information for audits, compliance, or troubleshooting reports. The export feature lets you export to either CSV or JSON. The device list is exported in the format of your choice as jcDevicelist_yyyymmdd.<filetype>.
Using the Actions Menu
The Action drop-down menu allows Admins to take quick actions on individual devices from the devices list:
- Start Remote Assist: Begin a remote session on the device
- Run Command: Run a command through a streamlined commands modal
- View Insights: View device activity within Directory Insights
- Restart Device: Security command; you are prompted to confirm you want to restart the device
- Lock Device: Security command; you are prompted to create a PIN before locking the device
- Shut Down: Security command; you are prompted to confirm you want to shut down the device
From the devices list, click a row to view that individual device's details. A summary of each tab is presented below; the tabs vary depending on device type.
- Click launch remote assist to begin a remote session on the device. See Get Started: Remote Assist for more information on this feature.
- See Use Windows and Linux Security Commands for more information on this feature.
The Highlights tab provides a Device Overview with information about the individual devices such as OS version, serial number, IP address, agent status, and last contact. The Users, Device Groups, and Policies sections show those respective bindings for the device.
The Device Activity section shows a table of Events, Resource/Status, and Timestamp for events that have occurred on the device. Click activity log to see more details; Directory Insights customers are directed to the Directory Insights activity log with the Device filter applied for the device they are viewing. Customers without Directory Insights can add this feature by contacting their Account Manager.
Learn more in Add a Device.
From the Details tab, quickly enable System Insights or update MFA Login status, launch a remote assist session, use security commands, and view device information in System Insights.
- Device name, description, status, and last contact information is displayed here.
- For macOS devices with Full Disk Encryption, access the Recovery Key by clicking view key.
- Click Get agent log to download up to 1MB in agent logs to help troubleshoot agent issues. Agent logs can only be retrieved if the device is online, and it may take a few minutes to retrieve results.
See device details captured by system insights. To learn about the data that System Insights collects and reports, see Get Started: System Insights.
Configure SSH Settings for Linux devices. See Configure SSH Settings for more information.
- From the Device Groups tab, you can add the device to or remove the device from device groups.
- The default device groups list view shows all device groups configured in JumpCloud. The selected device groups are ones where the device is currently bound.
- Select the device groups you want to add the device to or clear the device groups you want to remove the device from and click save device.
- Select show bound device groups (n) to only display a list of the device groups to which the device is bound.
- From the Users tab, you can bind users to or unbind users from the device.
- The default users list view shows only users who are currently bound to the device.
- Clear the show bound users (n) selection to view all users. Select the users you want to bind to the device and click save device.
Applies to Apple MDM-enrolled devices only.
- MDM Enrollment Info: See MDM enrollment status, MDM provider, and by whom the device was enrolled.
- Activation Lock: View information related to the Activation Lock feature. See Create a Mac or iOS Activation Lock Policy for information on using this feature.
- MDM Command Results: Shows a table listing the Timestamp, Event Type, and Status of commands run on the device via MDM.
- OS Updates: See current OS version, versions available, and when the device last scanned for updates.
Applies to Android Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM)-enrolled devices only.
- EMM Enrollment Info: View Management Mode, Enrollment Type, Ownership, and other information.
- Device State: View device settings and security posture information.
See Add and Manage Android Devices for more.
The Apps tab shows a list of the JumpCloud-managed applications that are on the device. Click an app to configure it in Software Management.
- From the Policies tab, you can apply policies to or remove policies from the device.
- The default policies list view shows the policies that are currently bound to the device.
- Clear the show bound policies (n) selection to view all policies. Select the policies you want to apply to the device and click save device.
Policy Results Tab
If policies have been applied to the device, you can click view to see individual status reports for each policy from the policy results list.