JumpCloud's Directory-as-a-Service™ (DaaS) is the single point of authority to authenticate, authorize, and manage the identities of a business’s employees and the systems and IT resources they need access to. DaaS securely connects employees with systems, applications, and other resources through a single unified cloud-based directory, replacing the need for on premise solutions such as Active Directory® and LDAP. JumpCloud supports all major OS platforms and is designed to control and manage user access to both internal and external IT resources such as servers and applications.
Try JumpCloud today for free. 10 Users are yours, free, forever.
JumpCloud is building a world-class team in a fast-paced start up environment. We're using all the latest technologies and best practices, whether it's engineering, marketing, finance, or sales. Come join us to expand your horizons, learn more, do more, and have fun!
JumpCloud is an equal opportunity employer with full benefits (medical, dental, 401(k) plan, etc.). Please send us a resume and cover letter indicating your interest.
JumpCloud is looking for an Infrastructure Engineer to join our team.
This is an exciting opportunity to join our small, agile, awesome engineering team and build a high-quality product that we’re all passionate about. We’re heavily DevOps focused, so you’ll have the opportunity to influence and make a huge impact on our infrastructure and product.
At JumpCloud we’re solving complex problems in the cloud using technologies like Go, MongoDB, Redis, Vagrant, Puppet, etc. We’re in the cloud and for the cloud, taking advantage of all the fun tools and capabilities offered to us by Amazon AWS, Google Compute Engine, and SoftLayer…and we’re open to others as well. This is a great place to share and grow your expertise! If you enjoy solving challenging technical problems using the latest technologies, then this is the job for you.
We’re looking for…
- Experience with Amazon Web Services
- Experience with large(ish) database deployments. MongoDB or Cassandra in particular, but any modern database is helpful
- Experience with managing and administering Linux in many different flavors and configurations
- Experience with LDAP
- Experience with cloud-based security
- Experience with networking and network security
- Experience with Redis
- Experience managing and administering Windows environments — AD experience especially helpful
- Experience with Mac management
- Experience with Puppet
- Assist with deploying and designing our infrastructure
- Help debug issues with our product, especially at the operating system and communication levels
- Tune and monitor our infrastructure, and help with doing the same for the product itself
- Work with us on product deployment — we deliver continuously, several times a day
JumpCloud is an early stage, funded, venture backed cloud identity/security business based in beautiful downtown Boulder, Colorado. We offer cutting edge hardware and tools, full benefits (medical, dental, 401(k), etc.) and a fast paced but casual startup working environment. Local applicant preferred. Flexible working hours. Office is right on the Pearl St. Mall in Boulder, stumbling distance to dozens of bars and restaurants, as well as the epic hiking, biking and climbing opportunities in the Flatirons.apply today
Like solving BIG problems? Want to have BIG fun? Then JumpCloud wants you. We’re looking for a senior software engineer to be the next member of our small, agile, awesome engineering team. You would be an integral member of the development team helping to design and build the next generation of server management and directory software… from the cloud.
At JumpCloud we’re solving complex problems in the cloud using the latest and greatest technologies like MongoDB, Node.js, GoLang, Vagrant, Puppet, Redis, etc. If you enjoy solving challenging technical problems using the latest technologies, then this is the job for you. But wait, you haven’t used those technologies? No worries: we’re open minded and we believe that good engineering is not technology specific.
JumpCloud is an early-stage, funded, venture backed cloud security business based in beautiful downtown Boulder, Colorado. We offer cutting edge hardware and tools, full benefits (medical, dental, 401(k), etc.) and a fast-paced but casual start-up working environment. Local or relocatable applicant preferred. Flexible working hours. Office is right on the Pearl St. Mall in Boulder, stumbling distance to dozens of bars and restaurants, not to mention the epic hiking, biking and climbing opportunities in the Flatirons.apply today
(Senior) Product Support & Pre-Sales Engineer
Reports to Chief Product Officer
At JumpCloud, delivering the right product and experience to our customer base of IT professionals is our most important mission. As JumpCloud’s Product Support and Pre-Sales Engineer, you will be an integral part of the customer experience team including Product Management, Sales, Support, Engineering and Quality Assurance. You will be the voice behind the product on many occasions – using your expert knowledge of our Directory-as-a-Service (DaaS) product and your experience as an IT and systems administration professional to build and deliver the best possible experience for prospects, evaluators and current customers.
Above all, the Product Support and Pre-Sales Engineer will be a strong product advocate, evangelizing DaaS to prospects in pre-sales calls and supporting existing customers with triaging and helping solve issues. You will also be a strong customer advocate – feeding back their views about the product to the relevant teams at JumpCloud and helping to shape the development of DaaS. We expect you to be passionate about our customers, and be as excited about helping them to get the most value out of our product as we are.
Pre-sales Engineering Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with our sales team as the technical representative on calls and at events such as trade shows to provide thorough walkthroughs, demonstrations and answering questions
- Provide technical answers to questions fielded by our sales team and via marketing channels
- Provide implementation and integration experience with our customer’s applications and the JumpCloud Directory
Customer Support Experience Duties and Responsibilities
- First line of triage working with customers on support inquiries
- Management of UserVoice support queue
- Work with engineering and QA teams to document use cases to assist in solving defects
- Write and maintain knowledge base articles solving common customer requests
Product Marketing Duties and Responsibilities
- Author technical content as needed to assist in articulating product features, integration walkthroughs, partner solutions, etc.
- Provide on-site technical assistance at user groups and trade shows
- Manage and curate Technical Knowledge Base articles
Product Management Duties and Responsibilities
- Help scope feature functionality as requested by customers and describe these as stories within our agile development lifecycle
- Work with the Chief Product Officer on defining core customer feedback processes, owning the backlog of customer requests and participating in prioritization sessions.
Expectations of the Product Support and Pre-Sales Engineer at JumpCloud
- You’re fanatical about supporting customers, take responsibility for them using and understanding the product, and have a personal connection to them.
- You love working with all aspects of the business, from marketing to sales to the executive team. Not just ‘your domain’.
- You can be a strong advocate for our products both to customers and to internal teams such as engineering and executive management
- You have exceptional verbal and written communication skills and you are able to communicate with and all types of people in all sorts of roles.
- You are tech savvy and able to communicate feedback and feature requests back to the product teams at JumpCloud
- You are organized and meticulous about documenting processes.
- You’re able to articulate positioning, use cases and benefits.
- You are not afraid of technology and want to learn the products intimate depths
- You are able to identify client warning signs (both in-person, and via usage data) and communicate it with the JumpCloud engineering, executive management and marketing teams
Core Skills and Requirements
- Past experience supporting a software product with a sales team
- Past experience providing support to a technical customer base
- Experience working with cloud computing systems and platforms such as Amazon AWS, Rackspace and Softlayer
- Intimacy with various operating systems ranging from Mac OSX, Linux to Windows
- Experience with Microsoft Active Directory
- Experience with LDAP
- Experience working with RESTful APIs
- Experience with SAML and Single Sign-on technologies
- Knowledge of RDBMS systems such as MySQL, PostgreSQL and NoSQL engines such as Mongo, Cassandra, etc
General Skills and Requirements
- A degree from a four-year university
- Experience or appreciation for start-ups
- Minimum of five years of work experience in software and technology
- Excellent time-management and prioritization skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Solid project-management skills, with demonstrated experience delivering on a deadline
- Creative problem-solving abilities and a passion for innovation
- Superb attention to detail
- Experience working with product managers, engineers, and customers
- The ability to effectively influence and communicate cross-functionally
- A love for working in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment