Prior to contacting JumpCloud Support, customers and partners are encouraged to review our Help Center. If you don't find a solution, we offer several ways to contact JumpCloud’s support team. For each of these methods, provide as much detail as possible, including:
- Detailed Issue Description
- Troubleshooting Actions Taken
- Pertinent Error Messages and Screenshots
- Applicable OS logs:
- Windows: C:\Windows\Temp\jcagent.log
- Mac & Linux: /var/log/jcagent.log
Support requests can only be submitted by active Administrators associated with your JumpCloud or Partner account. Further authentication of your identity may be required for security reasons.
See Best Practices for Submitting Support Tickets for tips on what you can include in your support ticket that can help us help you faster. If there is an extraordinary circumstance and you cannot access your Admin Portal to submit a support ticket, refer to the JumpCloud Employee/Customer Communication and Extraordinary Access Policy.
- Product defect and issue triaging, analysis and resolution.
- Product integration assistance with resources through JumpCloud-supported protocols.
Methods for contacting Support
- Admin Portal: You can contact Support from two places in the Admin Portal by clicking Support > Create A Support Ticket in the top menu or clicking Chat in the left menu. See Submitting a Support Ticket from the Admin Portal to learn about submitting support tickets.
- Premium Support customers can access live chat support through the Admin Portal. Click Chat > Send us a message. We will automatically recognize your Premium Support status and you will no longer need to provide a Premium Support PIN.
- New JumpCloud Free Accounts will have access to Premium Support Live Chat for 10 days.
- All customers will be able to use self-service chat features like Resolution bot and see the Status of the platform by clicking Chat.
- Phone: Premium Support customers can contact support via phone – 1-855-481-9316. Provide your PIN sent to you in the onboarding email and get connected with JumpCloud Support.
Submitting a Support Ticket from the Admin Portal
If you are a corporate parent, partner, or MSP using the Multi-Tenant Portal, you will need to contact support through an individual organization's Admin Portal, following the instructions below.
- Log in to your JumpCloud Admin Portal.
- Next to your initials in the top right corner, click Support to see the Support menu.
- From here, you can Create A Support Ticket, Submit An Idea, View Case Portal, Go To Knowledge Base, or Schedule Free Consultation.
- Click Create A Support Ticket.
- This will direct you to the Submit a Support Ticket page. You can also access this page directly at any time: https://console.jumpcloud.com/#/support/contact.
- Log in to the Admin Portal, if necessary.
- To fill out the Submit a Support Ticket modal, provide the following details:
- *Subject: Give a brief summary of the issue. For example, “Mac agent install is failing.”
- *How Can We Help?: Let us know how we can help fix your problem. For example, “I’d like to be able to successfully install the Mac agent.”
- *Best Time Of Day For Reply?: Choose the time range during which we can best reach you.
- (Optional) Add file(s): Include a size of 1.2 mb or smaller in your ticket.
- For the Support team to best assist you, see our Best Practices for Submitting Support Tickets.
Live Chat in the Admin Portal
Premium Support customers can access live chat support through the Admin Portal.
All customers, regardless of support tier, will be able to use self-service features in chat and see the Status of the platform. New JumpCloud Free Accounts will have access to Premium Support Live Chat for 10 days.
To initiate live chat support:
- Log in to the JumpCloud Admin Portal.
If you are a corporate parent, partner, or MSP using the Multi-Tenant Portal, you will need to contact support through an individual organization's Admin Portal.
- In the left navigation, click Chat > Send us a message.
We will automatically recognize your Premium Support status and you will no longer need to provide a Premium Support PIN.
Submitting an Idea from Your Admin Portal
At the bottom of every knowledge base article, there is an opportunity to leave us feedback on our knowledge base content.
- Choose the thumbs up or thumbs down icons to indicate if the article was helpful or not.
- Choose a general reason for submitting your feedback from the dropdown menu.
- Fill out the Description field with your specific feedback.
- Click Submit.
What to Expect After Submitting a Ticket
- After you submit a Support ticket, you’ll receive a confirmation email of your submitted ticket. You can reply to this email to add additional information regarding your ticket.
- Easily view and track submitted ideas and support cases in the Case Portal. See JumpCloud Support: Using the Case Portal.
- Learn about JumpCloud Support Request Guidelines to help you in understanding our response times and issue escalation policies.
Support Request Guidelines
In order to gain a mutual understanding on the relative impact of a technical issue for an organization, the purpose of this section is to define severity levels, target response times, and an escalation path. JumpCloud support is available to eligible organizations as defined by JumpCloud Support Policies.
Support Tiers and Eligibility
- Premium Support – Customers and partners can opt for 24 x 7 x 365 priority support access via phone, email, and chat through JumpCloud’s Premium Support offering. This support level is ideal for all customers and especially those interested in efficiency, security, and maximizing their IAM investments.
- Standard Support – Our customers and partners who are currently engaged in month-to-month or annual contract billing plans with JumpCloud receive the benefit of JumpCloud’s support assistance.
- Free Account Customers – Knowledge Base access is available to free account customers. If free account customers are interested in purchasing JumpCloud, they can enter a sales cycle through our sales team, or sign-up for our JumpStart program to become eligible for support.
Support Level by Tier
Contact Sales to enroll
|Priority Access||N/A||Standard||Priority Access|
|Support Method and Time||Online||9am-5pm MT Weekdays||24 x 7 x 365|
|Eligible for Early Access functionality||x|
|Response Time SLA|
Entire loss of functionality; severe operational impact. Majority of users impacted.
|4 hours||1 hour|
Major loss of functionality; operations / user impact high.
|8 hours||2 hours|
Partial; non-critical issue; operations not severely impacted; user impact is low.
|Next business day||4 hours|
It's understood that miscommunications or changes in a situation can result in the need to reprioritize an issue. If the progress of a support request is not as expected, you can request an escalation. By escalating a support request, the issue will be brought to the attention of management who will then prioritize resources to resolve the issue in a timely manner.
To escalate an existing support request, reply to the last communication received on the issue and CC [email protected].
After an escalation has been requested, an escalation engineer will evaluate the situation and determine the appropriate next steps. The request will not be de-escalated until we have:
- Confirmed there is an acceptable action plan.
- Verified troubleshooting and problem analysis are following proper process.
- Documented that all parties agree the request can be de-escalated.