You can specify top-level policy fields to control the behavior of a managed device and the apps installed on it. The Custom Payload Policy lets IT Admins provide JSON content to quickly create a custom policy. You can even combine multiple JumpCloud policies into a single policy in the form of a JSON file. This policy works for devices running Android 5.1 and later.
Do not add any application-related settings into this policy. The ApplicationPolicy object is not supported with this policy.
- JumpCloud’s Android Enterprise Management Mobility (EMM) is configured for your organization. See Set up Android EMM.
- Your Android devices are enrolled in EMM. See Add and Manage Android Devices and Users: Enroll Your Personal Android Device.
To create an Android Custom Payload policy:
- Log in to the JumpCloud Admin Portal: https://console.jumpcloud.com/login.
- Go to DEVICE MANAGEMENT > Policy Management.
- In the All tab, click (+).
- On the New Policy panel, select the Android tab.
- Select the Custom Payload policy from the list, then click configure.
- On the New Policy panel, optionally enter a new name for the policy, or keep the default. Policy names must be unique.
- For Policy Notes, enter details like when you created the policy, where you tested it, and where you deployed it.
- Under Settings, type or paste the JSON content in the Profile Content field.
- Click Validate JSON to verify that there are no syntax errors in the file. If you experience a JSON error, get more detail about the error with the tool in the Google Developer docs.
This tool validates the format of the JSON but it does not check for the validity of the inputted values.
- (Optional) Select the Device Groups tab. Select one or more device groups where you’ll apply this policy. For device groups with multiple OS member types, the policy is applied only to the supported OS.
- (Optional) Select the Devices tab. Select one or more devices where you’ll apply this policy.
For this policy to take effect, you must specify a device or a device group in Step 10 or Step 11.
- Click save.