The Android Bluetooth Restrictions Policy lets you control access to communications over Bluetooth on managed Android devices. This policy works for devices running Android 7.0 and later.
- JumpCloud’s Android EMM is configured for your organization. See Set Up Android EMM.
- Your Android devices are enrolled in EMM. See Add and Manage Android Devices and Users: Enroll Your Personal Android Device.
To create an Android Bluetooth Restrictions policy:
- Log in to the JumpCloud Admin Portal: https://console.jumpcloud.com/login.
- Go to DEVICE MANAGEMENT > Policy Management.
- In the All tab, click (+).
- On the New Policy panel, select the Android tab.
- Select the Bluetooth Restrictions policy from the list, then click configure.
- On the New Policy panel, optionally enter a new name for the policy, or keep the default. Policy names must be unique.
- For Policy Notes, enter details like when you created the policy, where you tested it, and where you deployed it.
- Under Settings, complete these fields:
- Select Disable Bluetooth to disable Bluetooth on the device, which cannot be bypassed by the user. This setting applies to fully managed and dedicated devices.
- Select Disable Bluetooth Configuration to prevent the end user from configuring Bluetooth. This setting applies to fully managed and dedicated devices.
- Select Disable Contact Sharing to block users from sharing work contacts via Bluetooth. For example, sharing contacts with another device, such as a car, that is paired using Bluetooth. If a user already paired a device with Bluetooth, disabling this field might not remove work contacts from a Bluetooth device.
- (Optional) Select the Device Groups tab. Select one or more device groups where you will apply this policy. For device groups with multiple OS member types, the policy is applied only to the supported OS.
- (Optional) Select the Devices tab. Select one or more devices where you will apply this policy.
For this policy to take effect, you must specify a device or a device group in Step 9 or Step 10.
- Click save.