The Android Battery Mode Policy lets you configure battery modes that control the screen display when dedicated Android devices are charging. This ensures continuous use of dedicated devices for end users. A dedicated Android device uses simple workflows to perform specific tasks This policy works for devices running Android 6.0 and later.
- JumpCloud’s Android EMM is configured for your organization. See Set up Android EMM.
- Your Android devices are enrolled in EMM. See Add and Manage Android Devices and Users: Enroll Your Personal Android Device.
To create an Android Battery Mode policy:
- Log in to the JumpCloud Admin Portal: https://console.jumpcloud.com/login.
- Go to DEVICE MANAGEMENT > Policy Management.
- In the All tab, click (+).
- On the New Policy panel, select the Android tab.
- Select the Battery Mode policy from the list, then click configure.
- On the New Policy panel, optionally enter a new name for the policy, or keep the default. Policy names must be unique.
- For Policy Notes, enter details like when you created the policy, where you tested it, and where you deployed it.
- Under Settings, complete these fields:
- Select AC Charger to force the device’s screen to stay on when it is plugged into the AC charger.
- Select USB Charger to force the device’s screen to stay on when it is plugged into a USB port.
- Select Wireless Charger to force the device’s screen to stay on when it is connected to a wireless charger.
- (Optional) Select the Device Groups tab. Select one or more device groups where you will apply this policy. For device groups with multiple OS member types, the policy is applied only to the supported OS.
- (Optional) Select the Devices tab. Select one or more devices where you will apply this policy.
For this policy to take effect, you must specify a device or a device group in Step 9 or Step 10.
- Click save.