Android devices use work profiles to separate work apps and data from personal apps and data.The Android Work & Personal Usage Policy controls which information is enabled on the personal side of the work profile. Keeping information separate and secure in a personal profile lets you maintain appropriate personal usage policies. This policy works for devices running Android 5.1 and later.
- JumpCloud’s Android Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM) is configured for your organization. See Set up Android EMM.
- Your Android devices are enrolled in EMM. See Add and Manage Android Devices and Users: Enroll Your Personal Android Device.
To create an Android Work & Personal Usage policy:
- Log in to the JumpCloud Admin Portal: https://console.jumpcloud.com/login.
- Go to DEVICE MANAGEMENT > Policy Management.
- In the All tab, click (+).
- On the New Policy panel, select the Android tab.
- Select the Work & Personal Usage policy from the list, then click configure.
- On the New Policy panel, optionally enter a new name for the policy, or keep the default. Policy names must be unique.
- For Policy Notes, enter details like when you created the policy, where you tested it, and where you deployed it.
- Under Personal Settings, configure these fields:
- Select Disable Camera to prevent users from accessing and using the camera in the personal profile to take a screenshot.
- Select Disable Screen Capture to block users from taking screen captures in the personal profile.
- Select Play Store Mode to allow apps to be installed and used in the personal profile.
- For Maximum Days Work Profile is Paused, enter the number of days the user can turn off the work profile. When the work profile is off, the device’s location sharing is not allowed. The minimum value for a work profile to be off is 3 days.
- Under Personal & Work Settings, configure these fields:
- Select Enable Copy and Paste to copy and paste profile data from one profile to another profile. This field works only on devices running Android 7.0 and later.
- Select Share Profile Data to share data from one profile to apps in another profile.
- Select Share Contacts to share contact data stored in the work profile with the personal profile. The data shows up in contact searches and incoming calls in a personal profile.
- Select Work Profile Widgets to allow work profile apps to add widgets to the home screen if there is no app-specific policy. This field works only on devices running Android 7.0 and later.
- Under Communication Settings, configure these fields, select Preferential Network Service to enable preferential network service on the work profile. For example, you might want all work data from your employees’ devices to be sent via a network service dedicated for enterprise use. An example of a supported preferential network service is the enterprise slice on 5G networks.
- (Optional) Select the Device Groups tab. Select one or more device groups where you will apply this policy. For device groups with multiple OS member types, the policy is applied only to the supported OS.
- (Optional) Select the Devices tab. Select one or more devices where you will apply this policy.
For this policy to take effect, you must specify a device or a device group in Step 11 or Step 12.
- Click save.