Managed Service Provider (MSP) Admins can get interactive support directly from their Multi-Tenant Portal (MTP) in a variety of ways. Learn more about how JumpCloud supports you and your users below.
- Prior to contacting JumpCloud Support, customers and partners are encouraged to review our Help Center articles.
- If you don’t find a solution in our Help Center, support requests can only be submitted by active Admins associated with your account. Further authentication of your identity may be required for security reasons.
- All customers, regardless of support tier, will be able to use self-service features, and see the status of the platform with the help of Live Chat. Premium customers have access to both self-service and live chat help from one of our experts.
- See Best Practices for Submitting Support Tickets for tips on what you can include in your support ticket that can help us, help you, faster. If there is an extraordinary circumstance and you can’t access your MTP to submit a support ticket, refer to the JumpCloud Employee/Customer Communication and Extraordinary Access Policy.
- Product defect and issue triaging, analysis and resolution.
- Product integration assistance with resources through JumpCloud-supported protocols.
Support Request Guidelines
In order to gain a mutual understanding on the relative impact of a technical issue for an organization, the purpose of this section is to define severity levels, target response times, and an escalation path. JumpCloud support is available to eligible organizations as defined by JumpCloud Support Policies.
Support Tiers and Eligibility:
- Premium Support – Customers and partners can opt for 24 x 7 x 365 priority support access via phone, email, and chat through JumpCloud’s Premium Support offering. This support level is ideal for all customers and especially those interested in efficiency, security, and maximizing their IAM investments.
- Standard Support – Our customers and partners who are currently engaged in month-to-month or annual contract billing plans with JumpCloud receive the benefit of JumpCloud’s support assistance.
- Free Account Customers – Help Center access is available to free account customers. If free account customers are interested in purchasing JumpCloud, they can enter a sales cycle through our sales team, or sign-up for our JumpStart program to become eligible for support.
Contact Sales to enroll
|Priority Access||N/A||Standard||Priority Access|
|Support Method and Time||Online||9am-5pm MT Weekdays||24 x 7 x 365|
|Eligible for Early Access functionality||x|
|Response Time SLA|
Entire loss of functionality; severe operational impact. Majority of users impacted.
|4 hours||1 hour|
Major loss of functionality; operations / user impact high.
|8 hours||2 hours|
Partial; non-critical issue; operations not severely impacted; user impact is low.
|Next business day||4 hours|
Creating a Support Ticket
To create a Support ticket:
- Log in to your MTP.
- In the top right corner, click Support > Create a Support Ticket.
- Fill out the following details:
- *Subject: Give a brief summary of the issue. For example, “Mac agent install is failing.”
- *Brief Description of Issue: Let us know how we can help fix your problem. For example, “I’d like to be able to successfully install the Mac agent.”
- Impacted Organization: Select the organization affected by the issue.
- *Best Time for Us to Contact You: Choose the time range during which we can best reach you.
- Impacted Device: The Device ID can be found from your MTP. Click the Devices tab, then click on the name of the impacted device. This will launch the admin portal and bring you to the Devices details page. The Device ID will be located towards the bottom of the details. Copy/paste it into this field.
- Note: Some orgs have settings that change this to be called the System ID. They both refer to the same thing.
- Operating System: The operating system can also be found by following the steps above, and the OS is located within the device’s Details page.
- *Steps to Reproduce or Troubleshoot: What are the primary steps we need to follow to reproduce this issue, or trigger the error?
- (Optional) Upload File: Include a size of 1.2 mb or smaller in your ticket.
- Click Submit Ticket.
- See What to Expect After Submitting a Ticket below.
Submitting an Idea
To submit an idea:
- From your MTP, in the top right corner, click Support > Submit an Idea.
- Enter a short description for the question, What would make your experience with JumpCloud better?*
- Now help us understand your vision by providing us some details for your idea under What problem are you trying to solve? Have you seen this problem solved elsewhere?*
- Select a category that your idea most closely relates to:
- Admin & User Management
- Integrations (AD, M365/Azure, Google Workspaces, Applications)
- Authentication (RADIUS, Passwordless)
- Security Management (Conditional Access Policies, MFA)
- Device Management (Agents, Commands, Policy Management, Patching)
- Directory or System Insights (Reporting)
- User Experience (Usability, Admin & User Portal, Settings)
- Multi-Tenant Features
- Select how important this feature would be for you to have, Nice-to-have, Important, or Critical.
- Click Submit Idea.
When you request a feature, it goes directly to our Product Management Team for review. We get lots of great ideas and unfortunately can’t respond to all of them. However, we do look at all requested features.
If we have any initial questions, a member of our team will contact you via email to learn more.
Otherwise, we’ll categorize your idea with feedback we’ve received from other customers and save it for when we start investigating your need as part of our roadmap. That way, you’ll be on our short list of customers to connect with when we start investigating the need, defining solutions, or developing early access features that might meet your needs.
To use the case portal:
- From the MTP, in the top right corner, click Support > View Case Portal.
- A list of cases and ideas for all your tenant organizations will appear.
- Cases and Ideas are listed in the following sortable columns:
- Case Number
- Reporter Name
- Date Created
- Click on the Case Number to pull up the Ticket Details which outlines the information above along with the description of the case or idea.
- The Status options are:
- New – The case hasn’t been reviewed by JumpCloud.
- Reviewing – Applies to Idea type only. Product Managers are actively reviewing and considering this idea.
- In Progress – Applies to Support type only. A JumpCloud support engineer is actively working on this support case with the reporter via email communication.
- Closed – JumpCloud has resolved the Idea and Support case.
- Future Consideration – Applies to Idea type only. Product Managers have reviewed this idea and determined there is potential. Although it won’t be implemented in a near term roadmap, it may be considered in the future.
- Not Being Considered – Applies to Idea type only. Product Managers have reviewed the idea and determined it’s not viable.
You can also use the Search bar to find specific cases quicker, or the Filter option as well. You can apply more than one filter to your query.
Self-Service & Live Chat
- New JumpCloud Free Accounts will have access to Premium Support Live Chat for 10 days.
- Chat can be accessed from the bottom left corner on the Homepage, or from the top menu of any page by clicking Support > LiveChat with Us.
To use the chat:
- From your MTP, in the bottom left corner, click Chat, or from the top right corner click Support > Live Chat with Us. A chat box will appear to the right with links to the following resources:
- Any recent messages will be displayed at the top, or you can click Messages at the bottom to navigate to any active or past threads.
- You can click Send us a message which will take you to a chat interface. If you have Live Chat enabled, you can click Live Chat with a Support Engineer, Help me troubleshoot an issue, or I have a non-technical question. You can also simply type your question and send it. If you don’t have Live Chat enabled, click Upgrade to Premium Support to get access to Live Chat.
- Next, there is a Status widget which gives updates on your systems. This also shows you the last time the status was updated. If you click into the widget, a list of all your systems and integrations populate with their respective status. At the bottom are any past incidents and the option to see your Incident History.
- Click the ‘X’ in the top right corner to exit out of the chat.
Prior to contacting JumpCloud Support, customers and partners are encouraged to review our Help Center articles.
To get to our Help Center from the MTP:
- In the top right corner, click Support > Go to Help Center.
- You can either search our Help Center or click on the tiles to bring you to a specific category to explore what articles might be helpful.
What to Expect After Submitting a Ticket
- After you submit a Support ticket, you’ll receive a confirmation email of your submitted ticket. You can reply to this email to add additional information regarding your ticket.
- Easily view and track submitted ideas and support cases in the Case Portal.
- See our JumpCloud Support Request Guidelines above to help you in understanding our response times and issue escalation policies.