Maybe your aging domain controllers are keeping you up at night — or you’re tired of managing remote users’ VPN access for password changes.
Although identity bridges and macOS management solutions help supplement Active Directory in modern environments, the legacy directory service has been stretched thin, particularly in the shift to remote work. However, you can simplify your infrastructure without sacrificing security by migrating away from AD and implementing a cloud directory service.
Amid the shift to remote work, Tech Soft 3D’s Active Directory implementation couldn’t keep up. Tech Soft 3D’s John Ellis knew there must be a better way to secure and support remote users. He migrated the company’s users and machines to a cloud directory service, and he’s going to share his experience in a free, live webinar on Wednesday, Aug. 19 from 12-1pm ET.
Ellis will talk about what he looked for in an AD replacement and what migration scenarios his company faced, depending on whether machines were domain-joined or not.
He’ll be joined by JumpCloud technical expert Dan Fay, who will give a full demonstration of a migration scenario. Fay will also delve into JumpCloud tools that are designed to ease the migration process, such as the Active Directory Migration Utility (ADMU), which converts a Windows domain account to a local user account, and helpful scripts to use during the process.
After the migration overview and technical demonstration, Ellis and Fay will talk about domainless administration — which uses entirely cloud-based infrastructure to manage users, IT resource access, and devices no matter where they’re located.
Webinar Topics & Agenda
In this live event, you’ll learn:
- What it looks like in practice to migrate away from an overly complex on-premises Active Directory setup
- How to safely retire domain controllers in favor of a domainless infrastructure
- How to manage and secure a growing remote workforce with dynamic directory services in the cloud
- How to use a non-destructive automated migration tool to safely migrate users, systems, and groups out of Active Directory to an alternative cloud directory
- How to invoke GPO-like system policies, gather OS telemetry, run remote commands, and enable secure LDAP authentication, all entirely in the cloud
There will also be time for a live Q&A — so bring any questions you have about Active Directory migration and cloud directory services. Learn more about the event and save your seat here: