In the event of a data breach, no company wants to be left asking, “What happened?”
That’s why event logging has become an essential. In case of a security incident, event logging lets you go back through and review user activity. Everything that happens on your internal network — every footstep and fingerprint of a potential perpetrator — is tracked. IT admins then act like forensic investigators, going back to analyze the data, and identify the cause of the breach.
All critical data is retained:
WHO performed WHAT action to WHAT resource, WHEN, from WHAT location.
How do you accomplish this on your network? At JumpCloud, we help organizations manage core employee identities and connect those identities to their IT resources – all delivered as a service over the cloud. We’ve made identity event logging part of the foundation of our Directory-as-a-Service®. Whenever an admin wants, they can go back through and see who executed what commands when, on what resources from workstations to servers. This critical security feature has been a big hit with IT and now we’re taking it a step further.
JumpCloud’s ‘Events API’ is a feature within our REST APIs and it allows turnkey event logging of JumpCloud functions. JumpCloud’s Events API captures events such as additions, deletions, modifications to users, systems, and also script executions that are under JumpCloud’s control. All of this is output in readable JSON. Admins can query event data on demand or via scheduled jobs, making event logging and analysis more efficient and versatile.
- Captures a wide range of events from user account changes, system changes, script executions and more
- API-driven for simple access and integration needs
- JSON output to ensure seamless integration with wider logging requirements, procedures, and tools
- Improve PCI, HIPAA, SOX, and other compliancy requirement along with general reporting needs with critical employee and resource interaction data
- Get consolidated data on-demand for operational, compliance, and security issues
- Increase IT admin productivity and reduce costs by reducing logging software installation needs and automating event logging data through JumpCloud’s Event Logging API