Apps you create and save are listed in the Software Management page. After an app is saved, you can select the device to view the Status tab to see more information and troubleshoot errors.
Checking the Status of a Windows App
The Status tab displays the following information:
- Device Name – Name of the device.
- Status – Report from the JumpCloud agent about the state of the app installation.
- Details – Additional information about the status of the app is displayed when you click view:
- Status – Installation state: SUCCESS, FAILED, or PENDING.
- Status Code – Chocolatey exit code number.
- Version – Last version installed. See Reconcile Version Numbers for more information.
- Timestamp – Date and time when the status was reported by the agent.
To check the status of an app:
- Log in to the JumpCloud Admin Portal: https://console.jumpcloud.com.
- Go to DEVICE MANAGEMENT > Devices.
- Select the device.
- Select the Status tab.
Reconcile Version Numbers
The Status tab lists the version that was originally installed. However, the version number in the Admin Portal may vary from the actual version on the device in the following cases:
- If an app is set to auto-update outside of JumpCloud.
- If a user manually updates an app with a method other than Chocolatey.
Using the Status Tab to Troubleshoot Issues
When you create, update, or remove a new software app and deploy it to a device or device group, the JumpCloud agent reports one of the following states:
|INSTALL SUCCESS||App was successfully installed or updated.|
|INSTALL PENDING||App is queued for installation|
|INSTALL FAILED||App was not successfully installed.|
|UNINSTALL SUCCESS||App was successfully removed.|
|UNINSTALL PENDING||App is queued for removal.|
|UNINSTALL FAILED||App was not successfully removed.|
|UPDATE PENDING||App is queued for updates.|
|UPDATE FAILED||App was not successfully updated.|
If the agent can’t send a status due to connection issues, the status remains unchanged until the agent can send an update.
Only devices that are bound to software apps are listed on the Status tab. Devices that aren’t listed in the Status tab might be affected by one of these issues:
- Agent hasn’t reported a status.
- Agent is out of date.
- Device has been deleted from JumpCloud.
- Device has been unbound from an app.
Reviewing Error Messages
The following error messages might appear when installing or deploying apps:
- Duplicate Names – Appears when you attempt to enter a display name that already exists. Display names must be unique.
- Empty Fields – Appears when the package name or package ID field is blank. Both of these fields must be filled in.
- Invalid Package ID – IDs aren’t verified until the agent tries to install the app. Because of this, one of the following behaviors may occur:
- If the ID is invalid or wasn’t found, an error is raised and the agent tries to complete the installation until it is successful. You should delete the app instance and begin again with a valid package ID.
- If you use the JumpCloud API and the ID contains spaces, the installation fails.
- Interrupted Installation – If the installation is interrupted, such as by the device shutting down, the package will be saved and the agent will try to install it when the device restarts.
- Installing on a Device Not Running Windows – If you try to deploy a software app to a device that isn’t running Windows, the local device agent will ignore the request and will not return a status.