Your account can be locked for the following reasons:
- Failed login attempts.
- Expired password.
- Expired Multi-factor Authentication (MFA) enrollment period.
When registering a new user account, there are several ways the process can fail, including:
- The activation email isn’t received.
- The registration fields don’t validate or allow text to be entered.
- When submitting the form, the page doesn’t refresh properly.
- The registration link leads to a notification that says “Activation code has either already been used or has expired.”
The expiration time for the activation link is seven (7) days.
The activation email wasn't sent or was caught by a spam filter.
The registration link is expired or has already been used. Note: The expiration time for the activation link is seven (7) days.
An unsupported browser or a supported browser in an unsupported configuration is being used to complete the form.
- See the password reset workflow linked here.
- If you haven’t received the registration email, check your spam folder or follow the password reset self-service linked in step one, or contact your JumpCloud administrator to have the email resent.
Note: If signing up for the service on our signup page, please retry completing the registration form after confirming the requirements listed below.
If you're not experiencing any of the above symptoms, ensure the following requirements have been met:
- Make sure you are using a supported browser.
Note: Try a supported browser in incognito or private browsing mode. This will typically disable plugins that may be blocking.
If the above resolutions don't solve the issue, contact your JumpCloud administrator to verify your account status and assist in troubleshooting.