You can use your personal iOS or iPadOS device to access company resources. This information is stored on a separate encrypted partition, keeping your personal data separate and safe. It’s easy to enroll your personal iOS or iPadOS device, making it a User-Enrolled device. For more details about MDM enrollment, see Choose an MDM Enrollment Method.
Your IT Admin will configure your account in the JumpCloud Admin Portal, which lets you enroll and use your personal device to access company information. The admin will also provide you with a Managed Apple ID (MAID) to establish your identity when you use your device to access JumpCloud resources.
You’ll then log into the JumpCloud User Portal and enroll your personal device in MDM by scanning a QR code and then downloading and installing an MDM enrollment profile. Your IT Admin can enforce company requirements, such as screen lock timers and PIN codes, to keep your device secure. Admins will have very limited information about your device, and no access to your personal information or personal apps on the device. Personal Apple tvOS devices are not currently supported.
- You must have a MAID, which appears in the enrollment screen in the User Portal.
- If you use an iOS device, it must run iOS 13 or later.
To enroll your personal iOS or iPadOS device in MDM:
Ensure that you are in a private and secure environment so that others can not see or access the QR code.
- Log in to the JumpCloud User Portal: https://console.jumpcloud.com/login.
- Go to Security > Enroll Your iOS Device.
If you do not see the Enroll Your iOS Device module, you have not been enabled to use your personal device or you do not have a MAID assigned to you. Contact your IT Admin.
- Click View QR Code to start the MDM enrollment process.
- Use your device’s camera app to aim the camera at the QR code. When the QR code is in focus, the code is automatically scanned.
- On your device, tap Allow to download the enrollment profile and follow the instructions on your device. If you are unable to scan the QR code or the URL did not pop up on your device, tap Direct Link under the QR code to link directly to the URL.
You can install only one profile at a time. If you download a profile and don’t install it, and then download a second profile, only the second profile is available to install.
- On your device, tap Settings and tap Profile Downloaded.
- Tap Install to install the profile and create a partition on your device for company data.
- Tap Enroll My iPhone (or Enroll My iPad).
- Enter the password associated with your MAID. If you don’t know your password, contact your IT Admin. MAIDs are owned and controlled by your company and allow you to access Apple services, such as iCloud and iWork.
- If you are enrolling for the first time, you might be prompted to enter a Multi-factor Authentication (MFA) code.
Your personal device now appears in the Devices list in the JumpCloud Admin Portal, and your IT Admin can give you access to specific company resources.