This article covers fixes to common issues that occur with Self-Service Account Provisioning or with the Sign in with JumpCloud flow that this feature enables on devices.
This error appears because the username matches an existing local account and is preventing sign in. Self-Service Account Provisioning is only available for new accounts on a device.
To restore the original login window, disable Self-Service Account Provisioning in the JumpCloud Admin Portal. See Disabling Self-Service Account Provisioning.
You can check if PIN sign in is blocked on a Windows device by viewing the Windows Registry:
- Open the Windows Registry Editor (regedit) as a Local Administrator on the impacted device.
- Navigate to the following location: HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\System\AllowDomainPINLogon.
- If AllowDomainPINLogon does not exist, or the DWORD value is “0” then PIN sign in is blocked. Modifying the DWORD value to “1” will allow PIN sign in.
- Proceed with caution when using the Registry Editor.
- A device restart is required to apply any changes to the registry.