This article walks you through our free account signup process. With a free account, you can see if JumpCloud is the right platform for your business, or test features and functionality outside of your production environment.
Signing Up for a New Account
To sign up for a JumpCloud account, visit jumpcloud.com/get-started.
- Enter your Company Email.
You must sign up for JumpCloud using a business email address. This is an email address that’s specific to your business domain, [email protected] for example. Signing up for JumpCloud using your business email is a safe and secure process; your work environment is not in any way altered, and no integration with JumpCloud is required during new account creation.
- Click Submit.
- On the Tell us a little about yourself screen, complete the following:
- Enter your First Name.
- Enter your Last Name.
- From the What is your biggest need? dropdown, select from the following options:
- Meeting compliance & reporting needs
- Improving security
- Enabling hybrid/remote work
- Consolidating IT stack
- From the I am a dropdown, select the type of account you need:
- IT Service Provider (MSP)/VAR/Distributor
- In-house IT Person
- Click Continue.
- On the Tell us about your company screen, complete the following:
- Enter your Company Name.
- Company Size: Select your company size from the dropdown.
- Do you have a directory or identity provider in place?: Select Yes or No.
- Where is your company located? Select the country where your company is located.
- Click Continue.
- On the Almost there! Finish signing up screen, set a password.
This will be the password for your JumpCloud Admin account. Your password must be at least 12 characters.
- You will receive an email at the address you entered in step 1 with a verification link to complete account setup (subject line: Action Required: Verify JumpCloud Account).
The email verification link in this email expires in 2 hours. If you click this link after it has expired, you are given the option to have another link sent.
- Click Verify Email Address.
- You will receive another email (subject line: Your JumpCloud Trial Account is Ready) when your account has been verified.
- Click Log in to JumpCloud to log in with your admin credentials.
To see what’s included with your free JumpCloud account, visit https://jumpcloud.com/pricing.
Using an Email Alias to Test JumpCloud
If you need to test JumpCloud but already have a JumpCloud account associated with your organization, we recommend using a +alias with your business email to create additional JumpCloud accounts. For example, [email protected]. A verification email will be sent to your existing email address to create your new account.
See our Get Started guide for an overview of how to start using features in JumpCloud and Manage Admin Accounts for instructions on how to set up additional administrators within your JumpCloud tenant.