Administrators can block end users from certain versions of Windows using JumpCloud's Configure Windows Updates policy.
To modify your Configure Windows Updates policy to limit user access to certain Windows versions:
- Log in to the JumpCloud Admin Portal: https://console.jumpcloud.com/login.
- Go to DEVICE MANAGEMENT > Policy Management.
- Open your existing Configure Windows Updates policy, or create a new one.
- In the Windows Update Policy, expand the Update Settings section.
- Enable the Select the target option:
- After checking the Select the Target box, two new input fields will appear:
Both of the following input fields must be configured, otherwise this policy will not work.
- In the Which Windows product version would you like to receive feature updates for? field, enter either Windows 10 or Windows 11, depending on which version you want to limit your users to.
- In the “Target Version for Feature Updates” field, specify the version of Windows you want to limit your users to. For more information, see Supported versions of Windows client.
- Click save policy.
These devices will still receive quality and security updates related to the version specified.