The JumpCloud agent can control the download and deployment of updates to Windows devices with the Configure Windows Updates policy. These policies are only for Windows desktop machines.
The JumpCloud agent can control:
- Automatic installation of minor updates that do not require a reboot.
- Automatic installation of updates during an automatic maintenance window (if this option is chosen).
The JumpCloud agent cannot control:
- Which updates are being pushed outside of the checkboxes, making the distinction between “minor” and “standard” Microsoft updates.
Create a Configure Windows Updates policy
To create a Configure Windows Updates policy:
- Log in to the JumpCloud Admin Portal: https://console.jumpcloud.com/login.
- Go to DEVICE MANAGEMENT > Policy Management.
- Click (+) and select the Windows tab.
- Locate the Configure Windows Updates policy and click configure.
- (Optional) In the Policy Name field, enter a new name for the policy or keep the default. Policy names must be unique.
- (Optional) In the Policy Notes field, enter details like when you created the policy, where you tested it, and where you deployed it.
- Complete the Update Settings section.
- Complete the Notifications Settings section.
Windows 11 Business Edition Pro only displays priority notifications as toast notifications, therefore JumpCloud's notifications do not display as toast notifications by default on Windows 11 devices.
- Complete the Deferral and Deadline Settings section.
- (Optional) Click the Device Groups tab and select one or more device groups that will use this policy.
For device groups with multiple OS member types, the policy is applied only to the supported OS.
- (Optional) Click the Devices tab and select one or more devices that will use this policy.
- Click save.
- For these policies to take effect, restart your device.