JumpCloud now offers a full feature password manager that is integrated into the JumpCloud product and all of our single sign-on applications. Admins and users will have a seamless authentication experience without relying on a third-party solution.
- Anyone wanting to enroll in Password Manager must be enrolled as a JumpCloud user, including admins.
- Learn more: Get Started: Users
- To take full advantage of Password Manager functionality, users should add JumpCloud Password Manager to their devices from the applicable app store or play store.
- Log into the JumpCloud Admin Portal: https://console.jumpcloud.com
- Navigate to User Authentication > Password Manager.
- Click the green + Enroll by User Group button.
- Select the User Groups for enrollment.
- Click Save to send the user invites.
Best practice is to select static user groups rather than dynamic user groups, since users could be unexpectedly removed from a dynamic group which will cause the user to be deactivated from Password Manager.
- Select the Users tab on the Password Manager screen to view the Service Status of each invited user.
If a user is removed from the group, or the group is removed from Password Manager, that user will be deactivated from Password Manager. If they then get re-enrolled, they will need to restore their passwords from their backup file.
User Experience for Password Manager Enrollment
- The user will receive a Password Manager Invite email, and will be prompted to Download Password Manager.
- The user will follow prompts to download and launch the application.
- Once the application is launched, the user will receive another email; this one contains a verification code to enter on the Verify Account page in the application.
- Once the account is verified, the user will be prompted to create and confirm a PIN.
This PIN is how the user will access the application, and should be something the user can remember.
- Once the PIN is confirmed enrollment is complete.