The settings in this policy control what information can be shared between managed to unmanaged apps, and from unmanaged to managed apps, as well as through the pasteboard. If disabled, managed apps can only share to other managed apps, and unmanaged apps can only share to other unmanaged apps. Devices must be enrolled in MDM and running iOS 15 or later for all configurations of this policy.
To create a Restrict Sharing Between Managed and Unmanaged Apps policy for iOS:
- Log in to the JumpCloud Admin Portal: https://console.jumpcloud.com/login.
- Go to DEVICE MANAGEMENT > Policy Management.
- In the All tab, click (+).
- On the New Policy panel, select the iOS tab.
- Select the Restrict Sharing between Managed and Unmanaged Apps policy from the list, then click configure.
- (Optional) In the Policy Name field, enter a name for this policy.
- Under Settings, select Allow Managed Apps to Share to Unmanaged Apps to let documents in managed apps and accounts open in other unmanaged and managed apps and accounts.
- Select Allow Unmanaged Apps to Share to Managed Apps to let documents in unmanaged apps and accounts open in other unmanaged and managed apps and accounts. This feature is enabled by default.
- Select Apply Management to Pasteboard to allow the Pasteboard in iOS to share between managed and unmanaged apps. This feature is enabled by default.
Pasteboard in iOS helps a user share data from one place to another within your app, and from your app to other apps.
- (Optional) Select the Device Groups tab. Select one or more device groups where you’ll apply this policy. For device groups with multiple OS member types, the policy is applied only to the supported OS.
- (Optional) Select the Devices tab. Select one or more devices where you’ll apply this policy.
- Click save.