JumpCloud provides two iOS policies to manage the software apps that appear on supervised iOS and iPadOS devices.
These policies let you block Apple apps and third-party apps, which removes the app shortcuts from the device’s home screen:
- Blocked Apple Apps Policy – Hide apps that are included by Apple by default on supervised iOS and iPadOS devices.
- Blocked Custom Apps Policy – Hide custom or third-party apps on supervised iOS and iPadOS devices.
To create an iOS Blocked Apple Apps or Blocked Custom Apps Policy:
- Log in to the JumpCloud Admin Portal: https://console.jumpcloud.com/login.
- Go to DEVICE MANAGEMENT > Policy Management.
- In the All tab, click (+).
- On the New Policy panel, select the iOS tab.
- Select the Blocked Apple Apps policy or the Blocked Custom Apps policy from the list, then click configure.
- (Optional) Enter a new name for the policy or keep the default. Policy names must be unique.
- For Policy Notes, enter details like when you created the policy, where you tested it, and where you deployed it.
- To configure the Blocked Apple Apps Policy, select the specific Apple apps you want to block on your supervised iOS devices. Any selected app from the list will be hidden from the user’s home screens, and will not be launchable, even if they are searched for in the App Store. These apps are not removed from the device, as they are part of the operating system.
- To configure the Blocked Custom Apps Policy, click Add App Bundle ID and enter the app’s unique identifier on your iOS device to block that app on your supervised iOS devices. For example, to block the Contacts app, enter com.apple.MobileAddressBook. See this list of Bundle IDs for native iPhone and iPadOS apps or supply the bundle ID of the app you want to block.
- (Optional) Select the Device Groups tab. Select one or more device groups where you’ll apply this policy. For device groups with multiple OS member types, the policy is applied only to the supported OS.
- (Optional) Select the Devices tab. Select one or more devices where you’ll apply this policy.
Tip: For this policy to take effect, you must specify a device or a device group in Step 10 or Step 11.
- Click save.