- Download and install the Postman app: https://www.getpostman.com/downloads/.
To import API endpoints into Postman:
- Go to docs.jumpcloud.com.
- Select API version you want to import. You will need to follow these steps for each API collection.
- Change the url from index.html to index.yaml. This will display the yaml version of the API.
- Download this as a YAML file.
- In Postman, go to File > Import.
- Import the index.yaml file from step 4. This will import all the API endpoints to Postman for the given API version.
- You will now see the API has been imported as a collection into Postman. Right click the JumpCloud APIs heading, then click Rename. Name the collection as appropriate (JumpCloud APIs v1 or JumpCloud APIs v2).
- Repeat the process for each API version.
To use the API endpoints in Postman:
- Select which API endpoint to run.
- Click the Params tab to customize the parameters being sent with the command.
- Remove prepopulated text from fields where necessary (examples shown in the screenshot below for filter and id).
- Click Save.
- Click the Authorization tab to customize the authorization header values being sent with the command.
- Verify API Key is selected as the authorization type.
- Add the value x-api-key to the Key field.
- Set the Value field to be your API key taken from the JumpCloud Admin Portal.
- Verify Header is selected in the Add To field.
- Click Save.
- Click Send to execute the command.
- View the results of the command.