Welcome to your JumpCloud May Newsletter.
Here’s what we’ve been up to:
- Meet Directory Insights™
- PowerShell Corner: Dashboard 1.4.1 with Directory Insights
- Remote macOS® Management with Apple® MDM
- Webinar: Remote Device & App Management
- SCIM Identity Management for Slack
- JumpCloud Mac® App’s Passwordless User Portal Access
- Splashtop Partnership
- Other Things You Should Know
Find a more technical breakdown of our recent releases in our May release notes. You can learn more about JumpCloud and connect with a community of IT admins at our weekly Office Hours events or our Slack workspace, JumpCloud Lounge.
Meet Directory Insights
Do you struggle with using multiple tools and custom queries to handle compliance and security needs? Starting June 1, you can do auditing, reporting, and investigating from the same unified JumpCloud platform you use for identity access and device management. Directory Insights is a new event logging feature that delivers near real-time data on user and directory activity making it easy for IT teams to audit, report on, and investigate directory activity from administrators, users, systems, and resources.
Directory Insights will be free to trial from June 1-14. If you want to enable Directory Insights after the free trial period as part of your directory services, email DirectoryInsights@jumpcloud.com.
Directory Insights (pictured above with its Early Access Activity Log) is accessible via the Insights navigation tab in the Admin Portal, as well as the JumpCloud API and the PowerShell Module.
PowerShell Corner: Dashboard 1.4.1 with Directory Insights
Remote macOS Management with Apple MDM
Struggling to manage remote Macs? JumpCloud’s new Apple MDM feature lets you remotely deploy, manage, and secure users’ macOS systems with the ability to enroll Macs in bulk and push lock, restart, shut down, and wipe commands to the machine to protect employees on Macs wherever they are. Apple MDM is included at no extra cost with JumpCloud system management for all Pro Plans.
Webinar: Remote Device & App Management
In case you missed it, our most recent webinar featured Richard Hickson, scripting savant and friend of JumpCloud. Watch the video link below to learn tips on how you can administer remote laptops and download applications to them with ease through simple coding.
SCIM Identity Management for Slack
Leverage JumpCloud’s new SCIM capabilities to create, manage, deactivate, and provide single sign-on to Slack users through your Admin Portal. SCIM for Slack means you’ll be able to completely manage your users’ Slack lifecycles from JumpCloud — with seamless access from their first day to their last shift.
JumpCloud Mac App’s Passwordless User Portal Access
JumpCloud-managed Macs have a passwordless path to their User Portal with the Mac App’s latest update: The Open User Portal button can take them directly into the User Portal without credential re-entry, making their system the gateway to their work resources.
Organizations leveraging Splashtop’s remote desktop access and support solution can now authenticate to the tool through JumpCloud SSO. To learn more about this partnership, join JumpCloud Office Hours on Friday May 29 at 11:30 AM ET to hear from Splashtop’s Director of Program Management, Victor Chin.
Other Things You Should Know:
- System Insights™: Query more data points across Mac, Windows, and Linux with JumpCloud System Insights. (Interested in bundling System Insights and Directory Insights? Email email@example.com today to lock in a deal before June 15!) See all data points>
- JumpCloud Lounge Public Slack Workspace: Join us in the JumpCloud Lounge on Slack, a new place to chat with fellow JumpCloudians about Directory-as-a-Service and any other IAM topics you’d like to discuss! Join the Workspace>
- End User Agent Install on Remote Systems: In a remote work environment, your users can independently install the JumpCloud system agent from their User Portal to their macOS, Windows, or Linux system. See How It’s Done>
- Multiple G Suite™ Directory Sync: Admins can now manage multiple G Suite instances using the same JumpCloud tenant. Learn more>
- Ubuntu 20.04: The JumpCloud agent supports the newest long term support (LTS) Ubuntu version, 20.04. See all compatible OSs>
- Debian 8 and 32-bit End of Support: As of June 30, the JumpCloud agent will no longer support the Debian 8 OS, as well as any 32-bit systems. Learn more>