JumpCloud® offers a number of resources to help IT administrators preparing for the Apple® macOS® Big Sur release. Any IT teams managing Mac® devices should prioritize getting an Apple MDM in place before Big Sur’s release later in 2020.
Anticipating Big Sur’s major, organization-impacting updates, JumpCloud, an Apple MDM, aims to help Mac admins continue to seamlessly manage and secure end user macOS devices, pre- and post-Big Sur, alongside their Windows® and Linux® devices from a single directory platform.
How is JumpCloud Helping Admins Be Big Sur Ready?
Ahead of macOS Big Sur’s release, JumpCloud is helping Mac admins get ready for their transition to support end users on computers running Big Sur with a number of resources:
- A live event: A round table event with Apple experts: 9to5Mac’s Bradley Chambers, and Tom Bridge of the MacAdmins podcast and Technolutionary, October 7th at 11:30am EST. Bradley and Tom will discuss Big Sur’s major changes and how to prepare a smooth and secure transition, no matter your organization’s size or where employees work. Save your seat today!
- Documentation: Technical documentation covering Big Sur readiness topics, like how JumpCloud admins can prepare now, how to easily migrate to and bulk-enroll devices in JumpCloud MDM, and how to block end users from upgrading to Big Sur until your organization is ready.
- Related content: Content to learn from by JumpCloud’s MDM and device management product lead Scott Reed, like his MDM-centric blogs and his JumpCloud Office Hours sessions (he’s back on October 23rd, but before then you can watch his last Office Hours edition on-demand here).
- Courses: Experience JumpCloud MDM when you visit JumpCloud University, a free education hub for any stage in your JumpCloud journey. Walk through the MDM configuration guided simulation, and see what a Mac end user device log in looks like when you set up multi-factor authentication for macOS.
- Community: Join the JumpCloud Lounge, a new public Slack workspace, to discuss your Big Sur questions and share advice with fellow admins. Dedicated channels like #macos and #mdm are the best for these conversations.
“We know how much work goes into preparing to support new OS updates and wanted to help IT admins be as prepared as possible for Big Sur,” Reed said. “For our platform, we’ve been rigorously testing and working with developer beta versions for months to ensure compatibility.”
The JumpCloud Directory Platform offers a single solution for IT administrators who need a comprehensive technology to manage devices, user identities, and resource access. JumpCloud support across Mac, Windows, and Linux devices includes multi-factor authentication, cross-OS configurations (policies), commands, and more.
“According to Frost and Sullivan, the total Apple enterprise management market will more than double by 2024 to $23.4 billion,” Chambers said. “Analysts suggest that we are still in early stages of widespread enterprise adoption of Macs, and Big Sur will help spark growth as Apple continues to consumerize IT and ease of use. JumpCloud can help IT admins as they adjust to Big Sur and manage Mac devices within it.”
New to JumpCloud?
JumpCloud reimagines directory services to transform how IT gives employees secure and easy access to technology. The rise of the cloud, web apps, and remote work made it hard for IT to secure employees while supporting their need to work however and wherever they want: As a result IT teams have wrestled with an increasing number of identity, access, and device management products as they try to recreate what Microsoft Active Directory® achieved in a Windows-centric, on-premises-only world.
The JumpCloud Directory Platform is a modern solution to securely manage and connect users to IT resources regardless of platform, provider, protocol, or location. With JumpCloud, organizations increase employee productivity and protect identities, while enabling convenient connection.
Get started with a JumpCloud Free account with up to 10 users and 10 devices, and free premium chat support for your first 10 days on the platform.