JumpCloud Protect® is available both for Push MFA and Verification Code (TOTP) MFA solutions.
You must enroll in Push MFA and Verification Code (TOTP) MFA separately.
Configuring Verification Code (TOTP) MFA in JumpCloud Protect
To configure Verification Code (TOTP) MFA in JumpCloud Protect:
- Navigate to the web app you want to use Verification Code (TOTP) for. Move through the process until you receive a QR code to scan.
- If you’re configuring Verification Code (TOTP) MFA for your JumpCloud user account, navigate to your User Portal and go to the Security page.
- Download JumpCloud Protect from the iOS App Store or the Google Play Store if you have not already done so.
- Open JumpCloud Protect. If this is your first time opening the JumpCloud Protect app, in the prompt that appears, allow the app access to the camera. This is to scan QR codes.
- Tap the green plus (+) sign to add the account.
- Scan the QR Code.
- If you cannot scan a QR code, tap Manual Code Entry in the JumpCloud Protect app.
- Enter the name of the account and the security key.
- Tap Add Account.
The account is added to your list.
Using JumpCloud Protect Verification Code (TOTP) MFA
After you configure Verification Code (TOTP) MFA in JumpCloud Protect, you can use it to verify your identity when you log into the app. To use JumpCloud Protect Verification Code (TOTP) MFA:
- Attempt to log into the app you want to use.
- When prompted for a code, open JumpCloud Protect. Find the 6-digit verification code.
- Enter that code into the app before the code expires.
TOTP attempts are not unlimited. Allowed number of user attempts is set by the IT Admin; admin attempts are limited to five. If settings are selected, that will count toward password or MFA attempts.
Transitioning to JumpCloud Protect
If you have an existing Verification Code (TOTP) solution through a third party application such as Google Authenticator and you want to switch to JumpCloud Protect, you can do so:
- Log into the JumpCloud User Portal: https://console.jumpcloud.com
- In the Security tab, click Reset TOTP.
- Enter the TOTP code displayed in your existing authenticator.
- Clear the settings.
- Re-enroll using the instructions described above.