See the following articles for information on migrating users from Active Directory (AD):
- Export Users from Active Directory
- Import Users into JumpCloud from CSV
- Convert Windows System Active Directory Domain Accounts to Local User Accounts
- JumpCloud Agent Support for Active Directory Joined Windows Devices
- Active Directory Migration Utility (ADMU)
Migrating Windows Devices from AD to JumpCloud
You can migrate your Active Directory (AD) OnPrem Windows devices to your JumpCloud org while keeping them protected and secure. From a high level, to do so:
- Create the policies you need for your devices in JumpCloud.
- Bind the JumpCloud policies to all of the AD On Prem Windows devices in scope.
You may receive error messages regarding the following four policies:
- Rename Local Administrator Account
- Enable/Disable Local Administrator Account
- Rename Local Guest Account
- Enable/Disable Local Guest Account
This is expected behavior, because the device is still bound to Active Directory at this time.
- Unbind the devices from Active Directory.