The Autotask PSA integration in the JumpCloud Multi-Tenant Portal (MTP) allows you to stay informed on your costs and product usage, along with being alerted on actionable incidents in JumpCloud.
PSA Usage Integration for Billing
Since JumpCloud allows MSPs to have co-managed IT admins on the organizations they manage and allow new users to be onboarded at any time, your user count can change during a month as users are added or removed. The “High Water-Mark” is used for billing purposes, which is the highest number of users in the Client Organization for that month. This integration will keep you updated on these changes daily.
There are several steps to set up and use the integration:
- Create a new API User with the proper permissions and generate a Private Key and Secret for that user in Autotask PSA.
- Provide Authentication information in your JumpCloud MTP to connect to your Autotask PSA instance.
- Select the Company Type(s) that correspond to the billable customers in your Autotask PSA instance (this will ensure it’s easier to select the billable companies in the next steps by filtering out prospects and other company types).
- Map each JumpCloud client organization to the Autotask PSA Company, Contract, and Service that corresponds to the JumpCloud product you’re billing your client for.
Once the configuration is complete, JumpCloud will update the High Water-Mark (Quantity) and your cost per seat (Cost) in each service that’s mapped.
- Prepare AutoTask PSA for JumpCloud Integration.
- An Admin with Billing role is required to access Integrations within the MTP.
- You need to have the Autotask PSA integration set up in your JumpCloud MTP in order to map companies and contracts.
- The Service must be added to the Contract already in Autotask PSA.
- Since JumpCloud uses the “High Water-Mark” for billing, the Quantity field will be updated with the current High Water-Mark for the month, and the Cost per Seat will be updated with your current cost per seat for the “mapped” JumpCloud Organization.
- Updates occur daily at 12 PM EST, you may have to check back the next day for the integration to appear after it’s been configured.
Configuring the Autotask PSA Integration in your MTP
To configure the integration:
- Log in to your MTP: https://console.jumpcloud.com.
- Click on the Integrations tab.
- This is only visible for the Admin with Billing role.
- On the Autotask PSA integration, click Configure.
- Copy/Paste the information from Autotask PSA into the required fields:
- User Name* – This is the Private Key that you generated in Autotask PSA.
- Secret* – This is the Private Secret that you generated in Autotask PSA.
- Click Verify And Save. JumpCloud will try connecting to your Autotask PSA instance. You’ll either receive an “Integration has been created” notification and can continue to configure, or you’ll receive an error message. Check the data you submitted and try again.
If you still receive an error message, verify that the Private Key and Secret that you generated in the Autotask PSA API User you created are correct. For even further troubleshooting, you can try generating a new Private Key and Secret in the Autotask PSA API User.
If you’re still having issues, please contact Support at https://jumpcloud.com/contact.
- If your Private Key and Secret have been compromised. Generate a new Private key and Secret for the API User in Autotask PSA. Then in your MTP, on the Autotask PSA integration, click Edit. Copy/Paste the new Private Key and Secret, then click Verify And Update. Once the information is accepted successfully, the Secret will be hidden from the input field.
Next, you need to select which Company Types correspond to your active, billable customers. This allows for only the Company Type selected to show when you’re mapping, and will prevent you from having to sort through an extensive list of all companies.
To specify the Company Type of your billable companies:
- Under Company Type(s), select which type(s) you’d like to filter by. Select all Company Types that are billable or active. You have to select at least one type before continuing.
- Once you’ve made a selection, it automatically saves. When you log back in, you’ll be directed to the Companies & Contracts tab with no mapped companies.
Mapping a JumpCloud Organization to the Corresponding Autotask PSA Company
To map Companies and Contracts:
- Open the Autotask PSA integration and click on the Companies & Contracts tab. For every JumpCloud Organization that the appropriate Autotask PSA company needs mapping to, there will be a Configure button, otherwise there will be Edit or Disable options available. Click Configure, then under the Autotask PSA Company dropdown menu, select which company you want to map it to.
Note: Be mindful that the naming conventions may differ slightly. Make sure you’re mapping to the correct company.
- Next, under Contract, open the dropdown menu and select the contract that corresponds to the company.
- Under Service, open the dropdown menu and select the service that corresponds to the contract.
- Under Non-Billable Users, you can subtract the number of users from the High Water Mark that you’ll be invoicing your clients for. This is particularly useful in cases where you have active accounts that are used for administrative purposes and that you don’t want to bill. If this isn’t applicable to you, the number defaults to zero.
- Click Save. You’ll receive a “Contracts have been saved” notification.
Set Up Ticketing Alerts
The types of Ticketing alerts currently available are:
- Disk Encryption Key Decrypted
- User Admin Access Granted
- User Lockout
- User Password Expired
To set up Ticketing:
- In your MTP, click on the Integrations tab.
- This is only available for the Admin with Billing role.
- On the Autotask PSA integration, click Edit. You’ll be asked to authenticate into your PSA.
Note: If you didn’t save your username and secret, you need to regenerate those in order to enter them here and re-authenticate. Make sure the user you use to generate the API keys has ticket creation permissions.
- Once you’ve authenticated, a list of Alerts are displayed, along with the following configurable fields:
- Ticketing – ON/OFF
- Priority – None, High, Medium, Low
- Status – None, In Progress, New
- Due Days
- Assign To – Resource, Queue
- If you want ticketing alerts, toggle the Automated Ticketing on. This will cause selected issues to automatically generate a ticket in your PSA. This only applies to mapped companies.
- Click Edit next to any of the Alerts to configure and turn them on.
- You can toggle Automatic Ticketing On or Off.
- You can change the Priority, Status, amount of Days Due, and Assign the ticket to a specific Resource.
- You’ll also need to toggle alerts on individually so that they generate tickets.
- Click Save.
To edit or disable the configuration:
- Open the Autotask PSA integration.
- If you need to edit any of the mapping, click Edit, make your changes and click Save.
- If you need to disable any of the companies, click Disable next to the JumpCloud organization. You’ll be prompted to confirm, and click Save.
Warning: Disabling will remove all mappings selected for that organization and will not sync the data daily. If you want to sync the data again, you’ll need to re-configure the mappings.
- If you need to disable the entire configuration, open the Autotask PSA integration and click on the integration tab. At the bottom, click Disable Integration & Clear Data, you’ll be prompted to confirm and click Disable & Clear. You’ll receive an “Integration has been disabled” notification.
Warning: This removes all data including Authentication, Company, Contract and Service data in JumpCloud. This action can’t be undone. If you want to sync the data again, you’ll need to re-configure the integration.
Interested in our other Integrations? Learn more:
Not seeing an integration you want? You can request one in the Integrations tab in the MTP.