This policy lets you install a certificate on a macOS or iOS device so that the certificate is trusted by your organization. Devices must be enrolled in MDM to use this policy.
To create a Mac or iOS Install Certificate policy for macOS or iOS:
- Log in to the JumpCloud Admin Portal: https://console.jumpcloud.com/login.
- Go to DEVICE MANAGEMENT > Policy Management.
- In the All tab, click (+).
- On the New Policy panel, select the Mac or iOS tab.
- Select the Install Certificate policy from the list, then click configure.
- (Optional) In the Policy Name field, enter a new name for the policy or keep the default. Policy names must be unique.
- (Optional) In the Policy Notes field, enter details like when you created the policy, where you tested it, and where you deployed it.
- Under Settings, select Certificate Type and choose the type of certificate you want for the policy.
The four certificate types available are: PEM, PKCS #1, PKCS #12, or root.
- If you chose the PKCS #12 certificate type in Step 6, enter the Passphrase for it.
The Passphrase field only displays after selecting the PKCS #12 certificate type.
- In the Base64-Encoded Certificate field, click upload file.
- Select the certificate you want to deploy using this policy and click Open.
- Select Set Payload Certificate Filename to type a filename for the certificate.
- (Optional) Select the Device Groups tab. Select one or more device groups where you’ll apply this policy. For device groups with multiple OS member types, the policy is applied only to the supported OS.
- (Optional) Select the Devices tab. Select one or more devices where you’ll apply this policy.
- Click save.