This policy controls whether users and applications have access to use the built-in camera. This policy works on all JumpCloud-supported macOS devices. Users on managed machines will only be able to access the System Unlock features allowed by an administrator.
To create a System Unlock Control policy for Mac:
- Log in to the JumpCloud Admin Portal: https://console.jumpcloud.com/login.
- Go to DEVICE MANAGEMENT > Policy Management.
- In the All tab, click (+).
- On the New Policy panel, select the Mac tab.
- Select the Camera Control policy from the list, then click configure.
- In the Policy Name field, enter a name for this policy.
- (Optional) In the Policy Notes field, enter information you want to retain for this policy.
- Under Settings, select Allow Camera to grant users access to the built-in camera.
Note: Disabling this setting completely restricts the built-in camera from being used on the device.
- (Optional) Select the Device Groups tab. Select one or more device groups where you’ll apply this policy. For device groups with multiple OS member types, the policy is applied only to the supported OS.
- (Optional) Select the Devices tab. Select one or more devices where you’ll apply this policy.
- Click save.
- For the policy to take effect, log out and then log back in to the Admin Portal.