This policy lets you manage system access to the Apple Music Service. The service lets users select music to stream to their device on-demand, or listen to existing playlists. This policy works on all JumpCloud supported operating systems.
To configure a macOS Apple Music Service policy:
- Log in to the JumpCloud Admin Portal: https://console.jumpcloud.com/login.
- Go to DEVICE MANAGEMENT > Policy Management.
- Select the All tab, then click (+).
- On the New Policy panel, select the Mac tab.
- Locate the Apple Music Service policy, then click configure.
- In the Policy Name field, enter a name for this policy.
- (Optional) In the Policy Notes field, enter information you want to save for this specific policy.
- Under Settings, Allow Apple Music Service is already selected to allow access to the Apple Music service. If this field is not selected, users cannot use the Apple Music service and the app reverts to classic mode.
- (Optional) Select the Device Groups tab. Select one or more device groups where you’ll apply this policy. For device groups with multiple OS member types, the policy is applied only to the supported OS.
- (Optional) Select the Devices tab. Select one or more devices where you’ll apply this policy.
- Click save.
- Close and reopen the Apple Music app for the policy to take effect.