After you’ve had your first cup of coffee or tea and you’re ready to begin your work day, do your IT tools make it easy for you to identify things that need your attention? Even after two cups of coffee, if you’re working within multiple systems and already facing multiple password reset help emails, the caffeine-induced brain power may not be enough to help you quickly understand the first tasks you should complete.
Whatever your morning routine is, the new Homepage in your JumpCloud Admin Portal has arrived to serve as a launchpad for your day’s tasks. The Homepage presents you with actionable information on a single screen, distilled from the power of a single directory that unifies where you manage users and all your resources from devices to networks to apps and beyond.
Log Into JumpCloud, Visit Homepage, Act, Repeat
Your Homepage in the Admin Portal is designed to be where you get an instant understanding of what is happening with your users and environment. As your first stop, the Homepage will surface information like upcoming password expirations, user lockouts, and status device disk encryption to help you answer, What’s happening in my environment that requires my attention?
The Homepage’s dashboard view will help you make decisions and take action right away with quick links to wherever you need to be within the Admin Portal to take action. This is a far easier way to find out exactly what you need to know, as status is presented neatly in distinct and customizable widgets.
The page’s real-time data widgets include:
- Welcome. This widget provides quick links to your most common tasks and a way to customize your Homepage view through the Manage Home functionality:
- User Lockouts. Alerts you if you have end users that are locked out of their JumpCloud account.
- Expired Passwords. Alerts you to users with expired passwords. Passwords expire after they exceed the amount of time an admin sets for password lifespan.
- Upcoming Password Expirations. Alerts you to users whose passwords are expiring soon.
- Disk Encryption. Alerts you to devices that are unencrypted.
- Device Notifications. This widget has the ability for you to customize which device data points you want to be alerted on.
- Add an Admin to Your Organization. This widget lets you quickly create new administrators for your organization.
- Fundamentals. Admins at new JumpCloud accounts (those in their first 30 days) see a top-of-page widget that guides your implementation to onboard JumpCloud effectively at your organization.
Remediating Issues from the Homepage
The new Homepage makes it easier for you to not only see where action is needed, but also where to take action. Here’s how easy that can be when you are solving for a user who has an expired password.
- Your Homepage alerts you that one or more users’ passwords have expired and they’re locked out of their account. This alert can help you solve the problem before it is an issue for your employee.
- From within the new Homepage, you click on the employee who needs a new password, and are taken directly to their details page in the Users list in the portal.
- Here, you see that the employee’s password is expired and you can immediately set up a new password for them to use; in addition, you can make sure their security settings are within compliance guidelines for your organization.
- Enter in a new, temporary password for the employee to use to get back into their account. Then, to ensure the password is secure, you can require the employee to reset their password to one that only they know.
Why Not See the Homepage for Yourself?
The JumpCloud Admin Portal Homepage helps streamline admins’ daily task list and makes it easier than ever to check statuses and take action all in one place, powered by one Directory Platform that sits at the center of your IT environment. See it for yourself when you set up a JumpCloud Free account and evaluate with up to 10 users and 10 devices.
Plus, in addition to the Homepage’s Fundamentals section for new organizations, your Homepage is also a hub for helpful resources to look at as you become a JumpCloud pro like:
- JumpCloud Lounge. Join JumpCloud’s Slack workspace where you can link up with other JumpCloud admins to talk shop and share tips.
- JumpCloud University. Learn your way in this free education hub that offers lessons to help you manage JumpCloud like an expert via interactive self-paced courses, quick video tutorials, guided simulations, and more.
- JumpCloud Office Hours. Sign up for our weekly live Q&A for admins to connect with each other and some of JumpCloud’s technical experts.
- Support Center. This is our Knowledge Base where you can search for articles to learn how to onboard your organization, use JumpCloud features, or troubleshoot.