Happy New Year from JumpCloud! For many of us, January is the time when we reflect on our past year, and set goals for the upcoming one.
At JumpCloud, we’re already finding more ways to Make (Remote) Work Happen® for our customers in 2022. Check out what we have going on.
API Docs Site Refresh
The API documentation available at docs.jumpcloud.com was revamped on January 5, 2022. The new page features:
- A Fresh Look | Enjoy a new, simplified layout for navigating the growing number of APIs provided to JumpCloud admins.
- A New Search Bar | Easily find key terms or chosen endpoints within each API document via search.
- New Usability Examples | See examples of how to call each endpoint by various programming languages, including request samples in Bash, Python, and PowerShell.
Check out the new API documentation site to see all the new features and updates!
Expanded Linux Agent Support
JumpCloud is continuing to build out our support across Linux-based systems to enable IT administrators the flexibility to manage all of their deployed devices, regardless of operating system.
The JumpCloud agent can now be deployed on a variety of new distributions, enabling you to secure, manage, and view these systems in the admin portal. These now include:
- Amazon Linux and Amazon Linux 2
- CentOS 7, 8
- Debian 9, 10, 11
- Fedora 34, 35 NEW!
- Mint 19, 20 Cinnamon (64 bit)
- RHEL 7, 8
- Rock Linux 8.4
- Ubuntu 18.04 (64 bit), 20.04, and 21.04 on x86_64 and ARM64 processors
JumpCloud SSO: Additions and Upgrades
Through JumpCloud SSO, admins can centralize their employees’ access to all applications through a single set of credentials leveraging SAML 2.0 and SCIM connectors. In addition to building custom applications, admins can select from JumpCloud’s growing list of out-of-the-box connectors to expedite and simplify this process.
Last month JumpCloud added and updated the following pre-configured SAML applications:
If you have a connector you’d like to see on this list, you can submit your request here.
JumpCloud University Training Tutorials
Make one of your 2022 resolutions brushing up on all the features JumpCloud offers with our free training resources. Each video or lesson offers you an important skill or feature explanation to ensure you’re getting full use of your JumpCloud account.
- Skills Badge: Foundations of Cloud Directory | This 3-hour course teaches you about identity and access management (IAM) strategy, common challenges for traditional directory services, and how to effectively use JumpCloud’s Directory Platform.
- Build Your Own Directory | This 2-hour JumpCloud University course gives you a comprehensive introduction to JumpCloud, including best practices, configuration details, and steps to implement all the features you need to get started.
- Software Management for Windows Devices NEW! | This tutorial focuses on how IT admins can remotely distribute and install software onto users’ Windows devices using JumpCloud.
Coming to a City Near You: JumpCloud Cloud Directory Roadshow
This year the team at JumpCloud is hitting the road, visiting cities all over the world to bring admins together, connecting on the challenges of modern IT administration, and showcasing a modern approach.
Join us to get hands-on experience and learn how you can reduce IT cost and complexity by consolidating directory, identity access, device management and security into a single cloud platform.
Stay tuned for a full list of cities and dates (coming soon!). You can visit the link below to get a taste for what a JumpCloud Roadshow has in store for you. Our first stop is in Denver, CO on Thursday, February 10, so register today if you’ll be in the area!
What to Read Next
- IT Necessities for a Distributed World: An O’Reilly Report | This document explores strategies for creating a secure, future-proof IT infrastructure for your remote or hybrid workforce.
- JumpCloud Named a Top IAM/SSO Provider | The Winter 2022 G2 reports are out, and our users have made it clear that the JumpCloud Directory Platform is an integral part of their IT toolkit. See which 36 winter G2 reports we appeared in.
- 2021: Taking Stock | How do you go about reviewing your year? This is the question IT Columnist Pam Lefkowitz grapples with in her latest post. Get Pam’s insights for taking stock in 2021.
- Reconfiguring the Office for In-Person Work: IT Considerations | A lot of companies are planning a triumphant return to in-office work in 2022. Learn what you should keep in mind from an IT perspective.
- See What Your Peers Say | With nearly 1000 customer reviews, JumpCloud has a 4.6-star rating on G2 and a 4.7-star review on Capterra. Read the G2 and Capterra user reviews, and add your own!
JumpCloud’s Q1 2022 Product Roadmap Webinar
Sundar Jayashekar, Senior Director, Product Management, JumpCloud
Greg Armanini, Senior Director, Product Management, JumpCloud
Eric Avigdor, Senior Director Product Management, JumpCloud
Scott Engstrom, SVP Engineering, JumpCloud
IT and End Users: Challenges, Trust, and Time Management
Date: February 10th
Time: 12:00 p.m. ET
Zach Boewer, Former VP of IT & Current JumpCloud Solution Engineer
Nathan Vergin, IT Systems Analyst & Administrator at AkitaBo