August has been a big month for new resources and releases here at JumpCloud. As always, these updates give us more ways than ever to help you Make (Remote) Work Happen.®
Together, we’re working to build the best open directory platform on the market. Read on to learn about our (coming soon!) new Password Manager, Scheduled Activation, and Patch Management initiatives. Plus, get early access to our Remote Assist presale, and so much more!
EARLY PREVIEW: JumpCloud Password Manager™
Coming soon, JumpCloud is unveiling a whole new desktop app and mobile app password management experience. JumpCloud Password Manager is designed to help you use better passwords more easily with all your accounts.
To learn more about JumpCloud Password Manager, request a demo with a JumpCloud expert today.
NEW OFFERINGS: JumpCloud Professional Services
JumpCloud’s Professional Services offers white-glove, personalized attention to support your IT department in strategizing the right measures for security enhancement.
Recently, Professional Services added three new offerings:
- All access: Design your own experience based on your company’s unique needs with access to consultations, hands-on-keyboard (HOK) implementations, migrations, custom scripting, and technical account management
- Custom scripting: Utilize engineering support to build PowerShell and API custom scripts for your JumpCloud environment
HOK implementation: Receive hands-on assistance with the implementation of JumpCloud’s platform in your technical environment
NEW FEATURE: Scheduled User Activation
Admins can now create or import users in the “staged” state, then schedule activation for the user’s start date. On the selected date, users are granted all access that was set for them.
Admins can also configure the scheduled event to send an activation email, enabling the user to set their own password and finish their onboarding to JumpCloud.
Use Patch Management to Stay Current with Apple’s Latest Updates
Apple recently released several new OS updates that address more than 70 common high-risk vulnerabilities and exposures, including one addressing two serious zero-day exploits. If your organization does not have a plan to remotely deploy these updates to user devices, you’re at risk of compromise by attackers taking advantage of known vulnerabilities.
JumpCloud allows you to surface problems early, test in isolation, and then deploy updates confidently and automatically using our Patch Management policies.
New Educational Tutorials and Courses in JCU!
Continue your JumpCloud learning journey with our free training resources. Each video or lesson offers you an important skill or feature explanation to ensure you’re getting full use of your JumpCloud account. Check out the following new content.
- Core Certification | Certification validates the strong foundational knowledge needed to execute standard implementation, configurations, and daily operations across the JumpCloud platform.
- Advanced PowerShell | In this course, you’ll learn more advanced topics for utilizing the JumpCloud PowerShell module to help IT admins become more efficient in daily admin tasks when managing users, systems, groups, and software.
What to Read Next
- JumpCloud Policy Management for Active Directory-Bound Windows Devices | Learn how JumpCloud makes AD policy management intuitive, streamlined, and easy.
- JumpCloud’s Apple VPP Integration Centralizes App Distribution for Corporate-Owned iPhones and iPads | Learn how to leverage Apple VPP to distribute and manage applications on corporate-owned Apple devices with JumpCloud.
- eBook: The Problem with IT Sprawl | Learn how to overcome the challenge of lowering costs, improving security, and streamlining your compliance efforts.
- See What Your Peers Say | With over 1,600 customer reviews, JumpCloud has a 4.6-star rating on G2 and a 4.7-star review on Capterra. Read the G2 and Capterra user reviews, and add your own!
A Better Way to MFA: Best Practices to Streamline Security
Todd Peterson, Principal Product Marketing Manager, JumpCloud
Eric Avigdor, Senior Director, Product Management, JumpCloud
Weekly Product Demo
JumpCloud solutions experts and a group of your peers
Other Things You Should Know
- Accounts Page | As a paying customer, you can quickly view and update your company’s billing and financial information in the JumpCloud Admin portal.
- Survey: Android Mobility Solutions | Your opinion matters! Please take a few minutes to fill out this survey so we can better understand your Android mobility needs.
Find a more technical breakdown of our recent releases in our August release notes.