You know what they say about April showers. This month at JumpCloud, we’re showering you with more ways to Make (Remote) Work Happen® than ever before.
Together, we’re creating a more comprehensive and secure cloud directory platform. Read on to learn all about Linux patch management, an improved learning experience, and other exciting new releases.
Just Launched: Automated Device Enrollment for iOS/iPadOS
JumpCloud is now able to support iPhones and iPads directly out of the box.
All new devices purchased from Apple or supported retailers will be required to enroll in JumpCloud’s MDM during Setup Assistant. This enhancement allows admins to configure specific setup assistant screens and select a default group for devices that complete Automated Device Enrollment.
This makes for a more seamless, zero touch onboarding experience for end users, and gives IT admins control and security from the first startup.
Just Launched: Ubuntu Linux OS Patch Management
JumpCloud Patch Management is now available for Ubuntu Linux systems!
Patch management enables our customers to easily schedule and manage all their operating systems in a single console for greater visibility, automation, and reporting.
Our new Ubuntu Linux OS patch policies came just in time for the Ubuntu 22.04 release, so you can easily and quickly automate your updates whenever you’re ready.
New Enhancement: Import User Identities from More Sources
A simpler, more automated way to create user identities from an existing source is here.
Admins can now import user identities from even more sources, like HRIS platforms, using a generic REST API integration connector. The connector allows you to integrate with applications that have a REST API and support token-based (API Key or Bearer token) authentication, which includes solutions like SaplingHR and BreatheHR.
This update eliminates much of the time costs and potential for error inherent in the manual methods.
Just Launched: JumpCloud Professional Services
Even the most experienced IT admins sometimes struggle to prioritize the right actions at the right time.
That’s why new and existing JumpCloud customers can now take advantage of a series of new white-glove, personalized services to aid them in their JumpCloud journey: implementation, migration, and technical account management.
JumpCloud’s Professional Services offering sets up your company’s admins with a strong identity and access management foundation and ongoing support, saving you time and effort in the long run.
For Customers: Accounts Page in JumpCloud
Viewing your billing information, current JumpCloud package, upcoming and past payments, and more just got easier.
The new accounts page gives you visibility into basic account information right at your fingertips. It’s visible to all admins with billing access.
Check it out under “Account” in your left-hand navigation bar in the JumpCloud console.
JumpCloud Beta Programs
We’re seeking your feedback on several beta programs that introduce new capabilities to enhance what you get out of JumpCloud. These programs currently include:
- Asset Directory: A single pane of glass and source of truth for all assets that IT admins care about.
- Remote Assist: Live mode allows support to work with end users in real time.
- Mobile App for Admins: Admins can access their JumpCloud environment through a completely new mobile app.
Our new JumpCloud Community will serve as a sounding board for your feedback on these programs. Your contributions will give you genuine input on future improvements.
Join the community today to leave feedback on these new programs.
What To Read Next?
- The Ultimate Guide to Implement Zero Trust in an Imperfect World | In this comprehensive guide, you’ll find the most pressing challenges that SMEs face when implementing Zero Trust… and solutions for overcoming them.
- Why Assess Your Zero Trust Maturity? | JumpCloud recently released a Zero Trust Assessment tool. Learn why and how to use this tool.
- The Future of Biometrics: What’s Next? | Biometric authentication is the future of security. In this piece, you’ll learn how the technology is evolving to meet new security and ethical demands.
- What Success Looks Like for You | In a world full of scheduling techniques and productivity hacks, IT columnist Pam Lefkowitz shares how to define success at work – in a way that works for you.
See What Your Peers Say | With over 1,300 customer reviews, JumpCloud has a 4.6-star rating on G2 and a 4.7-star review on Capterra. Read the G2 and Capterra user reviews, and add your own!
Patch Management, Simplified: How to Build Efficiency and Secure Hybrid Work
Tom Bridge, PPM Apple, JumpCloud
Scott Reed, Senior Product Manager, JumpCloud
Unifying SSO & MFA to Reduce IT Complexity
Glenn Attridge, Senior Director of Technology, Firmex
Tyler Koltes, Solution Consultant, JumpCloud
Other Things You Should Know
- London Roadshow for Partners & Users | On June 14, JumpCloud’s heading to London! Join us for our roadshow event whether you’re a partner, customer, or just looking to learn more about how JumpCloud fits into your world.
- London Tech Week | The UK’s tech flagship event is back June 13-17, and JumpCloud is proud to be a sponsor. The event will bring 20,000+ global government and corporate leaders, inspirational start-up founders, senior investors and tech rising stars together to discuss the power of technology for societies.
- Show Supported Resources on the MFA Configuration Page | Admins can now clearly see which resources are supported and enabled for each MFA factor in their JumpCloud admin portal.
- New Service Account Tool | The new Service Account tool makes fixing your secureToken issues easier than ever before. Check out this KB article for additional advice to resolve secureToken issues.