This article provides additional details and clarification about the changes to JumpCloud’s Terms of Service:
- A new mobile application is available – The release of JumpCloud Protect extends our ToS to the mobile app if IT Admins turn on JumpCloud Protect. Essentially, JumpCloud Protect is now covered by the larger ToS.
- Users can now authenticate through a third party – This provision is required for the JumpCloud Protect release, but it also covers other third-party authentication services. JumpCloud added clarification regarding the use of third-party authentication, including which party controls the data under data protection regulations.
- We better describe the rights and obligations of IT Admins who accept the Terms of Service on behalf of customers – Multi-Tenant Portal and partners who act on behalf of their customers will benefit from the streamlined language.
- General disclaimers in Section 5 were updated – JumpCloud is now consistent and aligned with industry standards.
- The cure period for a material breach for both parties was revised to 30 days – Material breach language is now in line with industry standards should a breach occur. The previous language in the Terms of Service gave both parties 10 days to cure and 30 days is industry standard.
Note: The cure for a breach for nonpayment remains at 10 days.
- The confidentiality provision was updated for a party to seek equitable relief if there is an unauthorized disclosure – A process was included for the return or destruction of a party’s confidential information. This language describes relief for an unauthorized disclosure of data, identifies a remedy for both parties, and provides a process upon termination. This update will help reduce the NDAs that we require from current customers for security documentation requests.
- A provision was added regarding export requirements – This change relates to the US Export Administration Regulations (EAR), which covers ownership and the transfer of data in the cloud.
- Organizational and rewording changes were made – Some sections of the agreement were reorganized and clarified, but these changes do not affect the meaning of the document.