JumpCloud Support Policies
JumpCloud is deeply committed to the success of our customers and partners and their business goals. We realize that directory services are critical for your organization and that’s why our customer support team stands ready to help. We support our customers and partners across-the-board, from implementations and integration guidance to on-going education and issue triaging. Our support team is composed of dedicated, smart, and highly trained individuals backed by a customer-focused engineering and product team. We’re totally committed to your success and we always welcome your feedback on how our team can better support you and your organization.
There are 3 support offerings that are available to our customers and partners.
- Free support is for customers and partners with customers that have not surpassed 10 users. They are entitled to the rich content of our Knowledge Base.
- Standard Support is available to all customers, as well as partners that have customers with over 10 users, on a paid plan. In addition to our Knowledge Base, they are entitled to email support and JumpCloud business hours response times.
- Premium Support is a paid for feature available to any customer or partner on a paid plan that requires 24x7x365 access to customer support via email, phone, or chat. To learn more please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
Support Method and Time
Response Time SLA
Eligible for Early Access Functionality
Support: 9-5pm MT Weekdays US holidays excluded
Knowledge Base Support
Response Time SLA
Severity One4 hours
Severity Two8 hours
Severity ThreeNext business day
$3/user/month (annual contract) or
$4/user/month (monthly contract)
Knowledge Base Support
Response Time SLA
Severity One1 hour
Severity Two2 hours
Severity Three4 hours
- Premium Support – Customers and partners can opt for 24x7x365 priority support access via phone, email, and chat through JumpCloud’s Premium Support offering. This support level is ideal for all customers and partners and especially those interested in efficiency, security, and maximizing their IAM investments.
- Standard Support – Our customers and partners who are currently engaged in month-to-month or annual contract billing plans with JumpCloud receive the benefit of JumpCloud’s support assistance.
- Free Account – Knowledge Base access is available to free account customers and partners. Should free account customers or partners be interested in purchasing JumpCloud, they can enter a sales cycle through our sales team or sign-up for our JumpStart program and become eligible for support.
- JumpStart™ Program – We also provide a time-based trial program called JumpStart that is available at no additional cost to customers or partners just getting started. This program includes access to a dedicated support specialist to assist you in setting the platform up quickly. JumpStart delivers unlimited users for the duration of the trial to help you test at scale. Learn more or sign up here.
- Product defect and issue triaging, analysis and resolution
- Product integration assistance with resources through JumpCloud-supported protocols
- Product training, implementation and migration assistance services can also be provided by our customer support team.
Support Does Not Include
- End-user support
- Product implementation, training, or migration for free accounts
- Product customizations
- Resource integration assistance through unsupported protocols, equipment, or software
- Product training for free accounts
- Professional services or product implementation
- Support communication in languages other than English
Prior to contacting JumpCloud Support, customers and partners are encouraged to review the Knowledge Base. Should you not find a solution, requests should be submitted by active Administrators associated with your JumpCloud account, or Partner account. Note that further authentication of your identity may be required for security reasons.
When reporting an issue, customers and partners are encouraged to provide as much detail as possible, including:
- Detailed Issue Description
- Troubleshooting Actions Taken
- Pertinent Error Messages and Screenshots
- Applicable OS logs:
- Windows: C:\Windows\Temp\jcagent.log
- Mac & Linux: /var/log/jcagent.log
Free Support Customers and Partners
Standard Support Customers and Partners
In addition to Knowledge Base access, Standard support includes:
- Email: Contact support and generate tickets for assistance via firstname.lastname@example.org, or email@example.com for Partners.
- Web: Submit your case via https://support.jumpcloud.com and follow the link to Submit a Case.
Premium Support for Customers and Partners
Premium Support customers and partners that have accounts that have paid for Premium Support not only receive Knowledge Base and email support via firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com, they also receive case prioritization benefits where their cases jump to the top of the queue for their respective severity levels. In addition, they are entitled to engage support via phone or go to https://jumpcloud.com and chat with our support team, 24x7x365.
- Phone: Premium Support customers and partners can contact support via phone – +1 720 240 5005, Option 2. Provide your PIN and get connected with our support team who will begin working with you on the support process, verify identity, and help resolve the issue.
- Chat: Premium Support customers and partners can contact support via chat by going to https://jumpcloud.com, ask to chat with an individual, provide your identity, and get connected with JumpCloud Support.
Our Directory-as-a-Service® platform touches many different types of resources including systems, applications, file servers, and networks. JumpCloud will make reasonable efforts to correct any and all issues related to our product, but we cannot guarantee that our platform is compatible with each and every resource in customer environments. We do our best to document everything we come across and learn about, and we urge you to check our Knowledge Base for officially supported resource integrations and protocol support.
While our intent is to be helpful, we cannot be responsible for the quality or support assistance of third-party resources or resources which cannot connect to any of JumpCloud’s documented and approved protocols.
If your systems are End of Life, unpatched, or otherwise out of date, our policy is to request an update to your systems before we provide support. For a current list of the versions of hardware and software we support, please check our Knowledge Base.
Issue Prioritization and Escalation
For customers and partners on Standard or Premium Support plans, issues that impact the ability of a customer or partner to integrate JumpCloud with resources actively used by their businesses to manage the daily business needs of their users will take priority, based on severity, beginning with customers and partners on a Premium Support plan.
Customers and partners with Premium Support receive case prioritization. Target response times are based on support level and the severity of the issue reported by customers and partners on a paid plan.
Customer and partners on a paid support plan that need to escalate issues are encouraged to do so through firstname.lastname@example.org. Premium Support customers and partners are entitled to immediate escalation through phone or chat.
JumpCloud Support and the Security of your Account
JumpCloud maintains rigorous security practices and procedures to ensure the highest level of protection for your JumpCloud account. There are not only strict policies in place to enforce the required level of account verification for specific actions (for example, a request to become an administrator from a user), but there are also standards that we adhere to such as SOC.
In pursuit of thwarting identity theft, for your protection, there are specific activities that JumpCloud support personnel will not perform without proper authentication. These include:
- Deleting your account without proper authorization – We require detailed authorization checks to verify your identity when you wish to delete your account. A customer support engineer will enumerate those upon request to delete an account.
- Password changes – No JumpCloud employee has the ability to see or access your account’s password – that includes our support, engineering, and operations teams. JumpCloud maintains highly secure hashing and salting of passwords. No JumpCloud employee has the ability to change your password for you or to change it to something that you tell us to change it to. Additionally, no JumpCloud employee will ever ask you for your password.
- Provide access to an IT resource – JumpCloud will not honor any requests for an individual to be added to a resource that your organization controls. While you may be an administrator, JumpCloud will not take this action for you at any time. If for some reason you are unable to do that on your own, we will work with you to find the root cause of the issue and will treat the issue as a defect.
- Providing account-related information without proper authorization – We require detailed authorization checks to verify your identity before we grant information related to your account. A customer support engineer will enumerate those upon request.
For additional information, please see our JumpCloud Employee/Customer Communication and Extraordinary Access Policy.
Our Support Goal
Our goal is to provide you with a world-class platform and support experience. We appreciate your feedback. If anything isn’t to that standard, you can reach out to us via our support email at email@example.com, or at firstname.lastname@example.org with your request to speak with an escalation manager.