JumpCloud Support Policies
JumpCloud is deeply committed to the success of our customers and their business goals. We realize that directory services are critical for your organization and that’s why our customer success team stands ready to help. We support our customers across-the-board, from implementations and integration guidance to on-going education and issue triaging. Our success team is composed of dedicated, smart, and highly trained individuals backed by a customer-focused engineering and product team. We’re totally committed to your success and we always welcome your feedback on how our team can better support you and your organization.
This page lays out JumpCloud’s support policies and levels of service.
- Paying Customers – Our customers who are currently engaged in month-to-month or annual contract billing plans with JumpCloud receive the benefit of full support assistance.
- Free Account Customers – Support assistance, Knowledge Base access, and research and analysis of critical defects that affect the customer base are all available to free account customers.
- JumpStart™ Program Participants – We also provide a trial program called JumpStart that is available at no additional cost. This program includes a dedicated support specialist to assist you in setting up quickly. JumpStart delivers unlimited users for the duration of the trial to help you test at scale. To learn more contact CustomerSuccess@JumpCloud.com
- Product defect and issue triaging, analysis and resolution
- Product integration assistance with resources through JumpCloud-supported protocols
- Product training, implementation, and migration assistance services can also be provided by our Customer Success team. To learn more please contact us at email@example.com
Support Does Not Include
- End-user support
- Product on-boarding, training, or migration planning for free accounts
- Product customizations
- Resource integration assistance through unsupported protocols, equipment, or software
- Professional services or product implementation
- Support communication in languages other than English
Requests should be submitted by active Administrators associated with your JumpCloud account. Note that further authentication of your identity may be required for security reasons. We offer two ways to contact JumpCloud’s support team:
- Email: Contact support and generate request tickets for assistance: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Be sure to include as much detail as possible including:
- Detailed Issue Description
- Troubleshooting Actions Taken
- Pertinent Error Messages and Screenshots
- Applicable OS logs:
- Windows: C:\Windows\Temp\jcagent.log
- Mac & Linux: /var/log/jcagent.log
- Be sure to include as much detail as possible including:
- Knowledge Base: Available to all. No login required.
Hours of Support Operation
- Monday through Friday – 9am to 5pm Mountain Time (U.S.)
- U.S. Federal holidays excluded
Our Directory-as-a-Service® platform touches many different types of resources including systems, applications, file servers, and networks. JumpCloud will make reasonable efforts to correct any and all issues related to our product, but we cannot guarantee that our platform is compatible with each and every resource in customer environments. We do our best to document everything we come across and learn about, and we urge you to check our Knowledge Base for officially supported resource integrations and protocol support.
While our intent is to be helpful, we cannot be responsible for the quality or support assistance of third-party resources or resources which cannot connect to any of JumpCloud’s documented and approved protocols.
If your systems are End of Life, unpatched, or otherwise out of date, our policy is to request an update to your systems before we provide support. For a current list of the versions of hardware and software we support, please check our Knowledge Base.
Issue Prioritization and Escalation
JumpCloud support is direct and severity based. As such, issues that impact the customers’ ability to integrate JumpCloud with resources actively used by their business to manage the daily business needs of their users will take priority. Target response times, along with time to resolution, will vary based on severity, workload across the customer base, the information provided to JumpCloud in narrowing down the issue, and the complexity of the issue.
JumpCloud Support and the Security of your Account
JumpCloud maintains stringent security practices and procedures to ensure the highest level of protection for your JumpCloud account. There are not only strict policies in place to enforce the required level of account verification for specific actions (for example, a request to become an administrator from a user), but there are also standards that we adhere to such as SOC.
In pursuit of thwarting identity theft, for your protection, there are specific activities that JumpCloud support personnel will not perform without proper authentication. These include:
- Deleting your account without proper authorization – We require detailed authorization checks to verify your identity when you wish to delete your account. A customer support engineer will enumerate those upon request to delete an account.
- Password changes – No JumpCloud employee has the ability to see or access your account’s password – that includes our success, engineering, and operations teams. JumpCloud maintains highly secure hashing and salting of passwords. No JumpCloud employee has the ability to change your password for you or to change it to something that you tell us to change it to. Additionally, no JumpCloud employee will ever ask you for your password.
- Provide access to an IT resource – JumpCloud will not honor any requests for an individual to be added to a resource that your organization controls. While you may be an administrator, JumpCloud will not take this action for you at any time. If for some reason you are unable to do that on your own, we will work with you to find the root cause of the issue and will treat the issue as a defect.
- Providing account-related information without proper authorization – We require detailed authorization checks to verify your identity before we grant information related to your account. A customer support engineer will enumerate those upon request.
Support means Success at JumpCloud
Our goal is to provide you with a world-class platform and support experience. We appreciate your feedback if anything isn’t to that standard. You can reach out to us via our support email at email@example.com, or at firstname.lastname@example.org with your request to speak with our CEO, CPO, or Success Leader.