With a recession underway and a global pandemic impacting the world, most organizations are looking to reset their cost model. For IT admins, one avenue to reduce costs is a unified directory service such as JumpCloud®’s Directory-as-a-Service® platform.
Centralizing Solutions to Save Money
Before organizations take drastic measures to alter their spending, many find opportunities where they can save money spent on services without losing functionality. In times of these budget optimizations, the IT department often falls under scrutiny.
For decades, organizations lived by the rule of leveraging an array of best-of-breed solutions for each area of their IT need. Although these tools often are unmatched in their specific functionalities, they also usually come with the biggest price tags.
With so much progress in IT technology over recent years, many vendors leverage the cloud and other innovations to provide comprehensive platforms that rival best-of-breed solutions. These tools blanket many of an IT organization’s needs, offering a single solution through which an admin can operate. Cost-conscious organizations can use such an all-in-one platform to reduce their costs and avoid purchasing expensive point solutions.
Reducing Costs through JumpCloud
A good example of this is the access control and device management solution called Directory-as-a-Service.
What is Directory-as-a-Service?
JumpCloud Directory-as-a-Service is a cloud directory service for modern IT needs. As a cloud identity management platform, JumpCloud delivers solutions such as:
- Directory services: JumpCloud provides centralized user & group management for all of an organization’s employees, including contractors and other temporary employees.
- System / device management: Using JumpCloud Policies and Commands, along with macOS MDM, admins can remotely deploy and manage their system fleets — Windows, Mac, and Linux.
- Single sign-on: With a centralized identity, a JumpCloud user only needs to sign in with one set of credentials to access all of their web apps through SAML 2.0.
- Cloud LDAP and RADIUS: Directory-as-a-Service leverages a cloud-hosted web of OpenLDAP and FreeRADIUS servers to provide tight authentication to on-premises resources like file servers and networks.
- Multi-factor authentication: Admins can leverage JumpCloud to require additional authN factors at the system, User Portal, and network levels for increased security.
- Directory Insights™ & System Insights™: These two premium JumpCloud products provide immediate visibility into system performance and configuration, as well as authentication events for auditing and governance purposes.
… and much more. This interesting and widespread offering consolidates an IT organization’s identity and access management infrastructure in a single solution, obviating the need for expensive point tools that only cover a part of their needs.
Try JumpCloud for Free
Of course, every organization needs to ensure that JumpCloud’s capabilities meet their needs, and subsequently enable them to eliminate other tools, reducing costs. That’s why Directory-as-a-Service is free for up to 10 users and systems forever; IT admins can test JumpCloud’s functionality until they find it serves their purposes, or move on at no cost to them.
If you’re curious how JumpCloud may help solve your organization’s IT needs, sign up and try the product yourself. Once you’ve gotten a feel for what Directory-as-a-Service can do, you can check out our pricing page to see how we compare to your existing solution stack, or contact us to hear a breakdown from one of our experts.