Mobile devices play a significant role in organizations. Employees use them to communicate, collaborate with teams, and access company resources, etc. Mobile devices are an essential tool for employees to get work done, regardless of whether employees are working in the office, hybrid, or remotely. IT admins must have the ability to support many employees using many different devices (including mobile). It’s part of their role and responsibilities, and is vital for IT compliance and security.
There are over 2.5 billion active Android users spanning 190 countries, making Android the #1 mobile operating system (OS), owning more than 70% global market share and a commonly dominant share of the regions outside of North America (Statista, 2022). Given this popularity, it’s not surprising to find that many employees own and use Android mobile devices for their work and personal use.
Android offers many benefits to organizations and supports numerous use cases. There’s a device for every organizational requirement and every user profile, including:
- Personal devices with a work profile that ensure employee privacy when personal usage is involved
- Company-issued fully managed devices for knowledge base workers
- Dedicated device solutions for single use cases such as POS devices, inventory tracking, and rugged handheld devices
Challenges IT Admins and MSPs Face
The market has limited choices for IT departments and managed service providers (MSPs) to manage bring-your-own-device (BYOD) scenarios. Small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) either rely on user self-regulation or periodic manual audits of sensitive resources. These approaches lack real-time visibility and control, and aren’t sustainable for SMEs as their workforces grow.
Many expensive point solutions aren’t well integrated with an organization’s identity, access, and device management stack. Unfortunately, any customized deployments would be costly to integrate and operationalize or lead to overlapping solutions.
Most IT admins want to securely manage their entire fleet of devices effectively and have the ability to support BYOD scenarios, regardless of the type of phone/tablet employees use. However, they must do this while ensuring end users comply with a company’s security and access policies. On the other hand, employees, who leverage their own devices as part of working remotely, want assurance that their personal data is not accessible or visible to the IT admin or the enterprise mobility management (EMM) solution. JumpCloud enables seamless and secure BYOD and COPE (corporate-owned, personally enabled) mobile strategies.
Why JumpCloud Android EMM
JumpCloud Android EMM enables IT admins and MSPs to securely select, deploy, and manage Android devices and services throughout their environment. It increases their visibility, security, and control on a wide range of Android COD (corporate-owned) and BYOD devices. It provides a flexible policy management approach that takes into account the critical need to secure corporate data while respecting employees’ personal privacy.
Key Capabilities of JumpCloud Android EMM
- Device provisioning: Easily configure and manage corporate apps, data, and policies for seamless IT management, while enabling a clear separation of work and personal use on the device. Admins may use QR codes for provisioning or enrollment tokens when QR code scanning isn’t an option.
- Device security: Allow the enforcement of security policies and corporate compliances to prevent data leakage and control user activities.
- Application management: Enable silent app distribution without the need for a user-provided Google account on the device. Support provided includes public, private, and web apps through a single pane of glass.
- Device management: IT admins can silently set specific permissions without bothering the end user with numerous permission prompts.
- Account management: Streamlined account management for managed Google Play Accounts including enterprise enrollment, provisioning, and lifecycle management.
Key Benefits of JumpCloud Android EMM
The introduction of JumpCloud’s Android EMM offering makes it possible for customers to support both Android and iOS devices from one console. Centralized device management provides better distribution, management, and control of end users’ devices and improves the admin overall experience.
Benefits to Direct Customers
- Decreased IT administration: Easily and automatically configure, test, and distribute each Android device. Upon setup in the Google Play Store, JumpCloud’s console serves as a single pane of glass to manage all of your identities and devices, saving time and eliminating tedious manual processes.
- Reduction of security risks: Limit or eliminate the potential security risks for BYOD to work. Ensure that corporate apps, data, and management policies are restricted to the work profile so that the device is fully secure to be used for work purposes. JumpCloud provides admins with the option to deploy custom JSON payloads for any setting as well as pre-built policies for passcodes and more.
- Increased productivity and lower user friction: Provide satisfaction for end users as they get to use the device of their choice. JumpCloud’s Android EMM enhances mobile work productivity by making it possible to use the devices that they are familiar with.
- Enhanced end user privacy: Reassure and give end users the confidence that their personal data is kept separate from the company’s data and is not accessible to IT at any time.
Benefits to MSPs
- Increased reselling margins: Centralize all the core capabilities (i.e., identity, access, and (desktop and mobile) device management in the JumpCloud open directory platform.
- Reduced operating costs: Provide an easy and cost-effective way for MSPs to manage multi-OS mobile devices.
- Minimize security risks: Securely manage Android devices for MSPs’ customers, regardless if it’s company owned or an end user bringing their own devices to work.
- Increase customer satisfaction: Ability to support multi-OS for mobile devices makes MSP customers and their end users happy as they are not restricted to a specific OS mobile device.
Try JumpCloud Android EMM for Free
Sign up for a free account today to start managing your mobile (Android and iOS/iPadOS) devices efficiently from one console. For JumpCloud customers, you will be happy to know that Android EMM is included in the JumpCloud Platform, Platform Plus or Device Management pricing package at no additional cost.
Because the JumpCloud Directory Platform works well with other IT solutions in the market, organizations and MSPs have the flexibility to choose their existing device management and identity access management (IAM) solutions while utilizing the JumpCloud mobility solution.