As remote and hybrid work become the new norm, companies are eagerly seeking smarter, more secure alternatives to traditional VPNs for accessing corporate resources. Enter AWS Verified Access — a VPN-less solution to resource access. JumpCloud takes this innovation a step further by integrating with AWS Verified Access. Read on to discover how this fusion of identity and device management for both Mac and Windows devices, all from a single console, is redefining secure, remote access.
What Is AWS Verified Access?
AWS Verified Access provides secure access to corporate applications without the need for an VPN. Verified Access continuously evaluates each access request in real-time, using contextual security signals such as identity, device security status, and location. By granting users the correct access based on the configured security policy for each application, Verified Access significantly improves the security posture of the organization.
Why Customers use AWS Verified Access
- Improved security posture: Evaluate each application’s access request in real time, making it difficult for bad actors to move from one application to another.
- Improved user experience: Enable users to access corporate applications without a VPN.
- Simplified troubleshooting and audits: Receive centralized visibility into application access with the ability to log all access attempts to support prompt response to security incidents and audit requests.
- Integration with security services: Integrate with identity and device management services, including both AWS and third-party services. Verified Access verifies the trustworthiness of users and devices against a set of security requirements and determines user access to an application.
The JumpCloud & AWS Verified Access Solution
JumpCloud is the first and currently the only vendor in the market for AWS Verified Access that supports both devices and identity in one console. Incidentally, it is also the only solution that offers device management for Macs and Windows devices using one platform in the same tool. With JumpCloud, you can increase your security, and keep your company data protected, all while managing users and devices in a single pane of glass.
Key Benefits of JumpCloud & AWS Verified Access:
- Manage private application access: Limit access to just JumpCloud-managed users on JumpCloud-managed devices with specific access policies.
- Added protection for multi-OS organizations: Restrict access to your protected Windows and macOS devices, with a great user experience.
- Verification for cross-platform organizations: Verify your macOS and Windows devices using the same tool for a consistent admin and user experience.
- Increased visibility and management: Get a centralized view on access requests and log-ins for better data collection and intelligence.
Once you’ve enrolled your devices in JumpCloud and set up your managed users, you’re just a click away from secure, direct access to resources.
AWS Verified Access Meets JumpCloud Go
This solution is one of JumpCloud’s first third-party integrations that incorporates JumpCloud Go™. The recently launched JumpCloud Go delivers an integrated, cross-platform, passwordless user login experience to the resources end users need from a trusted device. Customers who have already implemented JumpCloud Go will immediately get continuous conditional access with AWS Verified Access with no additional configuration on the JumpCloud side.
How It Works:
As a user accesses resources inside their AWS Virtual Private Cloud (VPC), JumpCloud Go constantly re-verifies that the user is in good standing and on a managed machine, while adding that information to each request sent to Verified Access. If the user’s status changes in JumpCloud or their device is no longer managed, their access is immediately revoked, and they will no longer have access to the Verified Access-protected resources.
Experience the Power of JumpCloud and AWS Verified Access Together
Private applications that are hosted in AWS can be incredibly powerful for your business, but to be secure, you often need a difficult-to-manage VPN or complicated access control measures. With JumpCloud and AWS Verified Access, you can have secured but direct access to your most important applications without the hassle of VPN.
For organizations seeking simpler and more secure access to AWS resources, JumpCloud Go and Verified Access offer an effortless solution. This combination ensures a seamless, secure connection for end users to quickly get to work. Users only need to access resources in your organization’s AWS Virtual Private Cloud, protected by AWS Verified Access. Authentication and device trust checks are automatically managed within Chrome. With a protected resource open in Chrome, JumpCloud Go safeguards your session and continuously monitors both the user and device changes to protect assets.
To explore the JumpCloud’s integrations with AWS, sign into your JumpCloud admin console and check out the documentation on how to activate JumpCloud Go for Verified Access. If you don’t have a JumpCloud account, schedule a demo to learn more about how you could leverage JumpCloud and AWS Verified Access together to make work happen — from anywhere, on any device, and with the platforms you choose. Make Work Happen™ on your terms.