JumpCloud for MSPs™ is a new product that brings JumpCloud’s open directory platform™ into the MSP world.
In addition to the robust cloud directory and device management capabilities of the platform, JumpCloud for MSPs gives providers access to the Multi-Tenant Portal for the support and single-pane-of-glass features they’ve come to rely on. The benefits of JumpCloud for MSPs go beyond features and capabilities, with ticketing and billing integrations with PSAs, a revamped pricing and packaging plan, and the JumpCloud Ascent Partner Program that is designed to help you grow your business. MSPs can augment their existing tools and services, or consolidate their tech stack under JumpCloud’s identity-centric modern platform.
Trialing various products and tools can take a considerable amount of time for MSP admins. This is especially true when the product in question has an extensive list of features and capabilities. JumpCloud has a number of high impact tools and components that trialing administrators will want to consider testing for themselves and their customers.
The content below is not intended to be an exhaustive list of “How To’s” or a substitute to Knowledge Base articles. Rather, it should serve as a roadmap for getting the most out of your JumpCloud trial.
Before you Start: Establish Your Goals
Before your trial, determine what you want to achieve with JumpCloud. An MSP looking to meet the specific needs of a single customer will have different priorities than an MSP exploring the notion of offering things like SSO or MDM across their entire user base.
Before beginning your JumpCloud trial, use the following categories to assess your MSP’s and clients’ current and future needs.
1. Current Needs
First, establish a list of features and capabilities that would meet the current needs of your customers today.
- Do you have customers that have specifically requested something like a RADIUS implementation for their Wi-Fi or VPN connections?
- Are you implementing SSO for your customers on a regular basis and need to standardize directory services and processes?
- Is there an immediate need for identity or device management in your clients’ organizations?
2. Future Needs
Next, analyze the potential future needs of your current customers to see if there should be additional testing.
- Do you foresee compliance or audit needs arising more frequently for your clients? Are you looking for device policies to achieve PCI or HIPAA compliance?
- Are there large infrastructural changes occurring in your client environments that identity management or device management would add value to?
- Are there existing products or services that would be beneficial to bundle under a single product like JumpCloud?
3. Broader Goals
Then, determine if specific features or aspects of JumpCloud fit into the broader strategic goals of your business or differentiate you from competitors in your market.
- Are you looking to specialize in a type of service that is in demand in your market?
- Are there gaps in offerings that are not being met by other providers? Apple Device management is often a differentiator with MSPs, or you could specialize in working with customers that lack traditional directory infrastructure like on-prem domain controllers, for example.
At the Beginning: Collect your Logins
Getting JumpCloud up and running requires setup in various environments and services. To avoid disruption and to have a generally smooth trial experience, collect relevant login details and ensure that you have necessary emergency access methods.
When trialing a product like JumpCloud, preparedness can go a long way in getting the most out of your trial. Here are some things to have readily available when you start.
1. Admin credentials
- Dummy user account login credentials (for testing)
- Account information for single sign-on (SSO) testing. In the event of misconfigured SSO settings, you want to be able to avoid a complete lock out.
2. A checklist of the features you want to test and the information you need to set them up
- Test SSO with various SaaS products (i.e., Zoom SSO, account owner setup)
- MDM setup (Apple Business Manager application for customer or MSP environment)
- App deployment testing: Have license keys available for the installers you’re looking to test
- Prepare a list of powershell or terminal commands regularly used by technicians to save time
3. Take a look at documented workflows you have in place for things like:
- Provisioning users
- App access
- Deploying new workstations
- Apps to install
- Settings or device limitations
During the Trial: Jump Right In
In the end, the most important step of trialing JumpCloud is diving right in. Try JumpCloud for MSPs for free today by signing up here.
Starting a JumpCloud trial has never been easier.
Enter your details on our free trial page and indicate that you are an MSP. Once submitted, we create a fully functioning JumpCloud environment for your MSP.
In this environment you’ll have access to:
- Our Multi-Tenant Portal (MTP) designed to help you quickly switch between customer organizations.
- A growing number of integrations with MSP tools like PSAs.
- An organization created for your internal usage and testing with access to all of our features.
To quickly get started with your trial, Here’s a few key features and tutorials to focus on.
- Invite additional administrators via the Administrators tab in the MTP. These users are created specifically for managing JumpCloud tenants, handling billing and other related to managing customer organizations.
- Under the Organizations section, you will see your MSP’s dedicated organization. This is where you’ll set up various JumpCloud features intended to manage your MSP, so this can be a great place to start exploring. In your MSPs organization tab, you’ll be able to:
- Invite internal users
- Add devices to your JumpCloud
- Setup various app SSO configurations
- Get started with authentication services
- Once devices have been added:
- Explore ways to ramp up your security with JumpCloud
All of the information here is enough to get you well on your way to success with JumpCloud as both a platform and partner for your business. But the very best way to get started is to speak with our experts. Here at JumpCloud, we take MSPs seriously, and we look forward to partnering with you every step of the way!