A core part of directory services is the ability to ensure the various workstations, laptops, and servers in your environment are uniformly under your control and compliance, regardless of their location. System management with JumpCloud enables sysadmins to manage their fleets of Windows®, Mac®, and Linux® workstations, laptops, and servers with point-and-click simplicity, regardless of their location.
System management with JumpCloud includes a complete set of security and management tools to bring your systems under compliance and provide the appropriate user access, while ensuring your employees’ experience the least friction possible:
Provision, manage, and control local user accounts by providing user access across your system endpoints—all from your remote JumpCloud admin console, or through JumpCloud’s API support. Manage permission settings and enforce secure password policies across Windows, Mac, and Linux.
System-based Password Changes
Windows and Mac users can change their JumpCloud passwords directly from their workstations and laptops. Our system-level password control provides a frictionless experience for employees to change their credentials in a very familiar and secure place: within the confines of their own system. JumpCloud’s system agent will propagate this password change securely to JumpCloud’s cloud-based directory so it can be relayed out to all of the employee’s connected resources.
*Windows support coming soon
Leverage JumpCloud’s template-driven Policies to lay down security and configuration settings across your fleet of workstations, laptops, and servers. Ensure standard security features like screensavers are enforced among a variety of out-of-box templates included.
Create and execute ad-hoc scripts in the language of your choice against your Windows, Mac, and Linux endpoints. Leverage command execution to do system checks, compliance reports, install software from your own media hosting, and more. Commands may be triggered on-demand, scheduled for a specific date/time to run, or triggered via webhooks, producing a web-based output of the results of your scripts.
SSH Key Management and Multi-Factor Authentication
Increase the security across your fleet of servers and laptops with security features including SSH key administrative management and control, and multi-factor authentication for additional protection to critical servers or key employee laptops.
JumpCloud leverages a lightweight yet highly secure agent to maintain communication with JumpCloud’s directory services. Leveraging a highly secure mutual TLS PKI binding architecture, and requiring only an outbound 443 connection, JumpCloud’s agent requires no VPN to maintain a secure integration for receiving instructions, commands, user account changes, and more.
Leverage JumpCloud’s RESTful APIs to accelerate your server auto-scaling needs. JumpCloud will enable DevOps engineers to automatically enable the appropriate users, enabled Posix Groups, set MFA, and more when virtual machines come online.
- User account provisioning and permissions management
- Password enforcement, rotation, and complexity management
- End-user app for password changes and more
- SSH key management for secure server access
- Multi-factor authentication during login*
- Policy enforcement through Windows, Mac, and Linux policy templates
- Centralized execution of scripts or commands across groups of devices (Windows, Mac, and Linux)
- System authentication event logging
- REST-API for automated system configuration and management integration
*Mac and Linux supported at this time
- Increase security by creating and enforcing system security policies
- Improve employee convenience and security with end-user-facing app
- VPN-less binding to JumpCloud’s Directory-as-a-Service® regardless of location
- Simple agent-based installation
- Save time through automated task execution
- Reduce errors in execution of tasks and policies
- Increase control over Windows, Mac, and Linux devices regardless of their location