As we settle into the final quarter of 2022 here at JumpCloud, we’re already prepping for 2023.
Our newest tools and releases give you more ways than ever to Make Work Happen™ – and that goes for planning for the future, too.
Check out our IT Admin’s 2023 Planning Kit to get every tool you’ll need to set yourself – and your company – up for success in 2023. And read on to learn about the newest features you can enjoy today, too.
NOW AVAILABLE: JumpCloud Remote Assist
Remote Assist is now available to all orgs leveraging device management capabilities! This feature empowers IT admins to easily connect to their end users’ Windows and macOS devices from anywhere, and in real time, to resolve their technical problems.
Key features include:
- Multi-OS support: Deploy remote assistance to Windows, macOS, and (soon) Linux user devices
- Role-based access control: Determine which technicians can access end user devices
- Browser-based admin interface: Use the web browser directly to efficiently assist end users working from anywhere at any time
- Secure peer-to-peer connection: Fully secured, private sessions protected by unique session keys, end-to-end encryption, and direct peer-to-peer communications
NEW FEATURE: RADIUS Authentication with Third-party Credentials
Ensure that all your users can access critical RADIUS-based resources (such as WiFi and VPN) seamlessly with their Azure AD credentials, while maximizing security, and removing the burden for user and password management from your IT staff.
JumpCloud’s Cloud RADIUS gives you the flexibility to choose Azure AD as the IdP/ password-owner for granting access to RADIUS resources. It eliminates reliance on cumbersome or siloed options.
RECENT UPDATE: New Open Integration Options to More Identity Sources
With the latest updates to the JumpCloud identity management custom API connector, the answer to “Can JumpCloud integrate with my identity source or HRIS solution?” is increasingly “yes.”
The JumpCloud custom API connector provides an open and flexible way to integrate JumpCloud with a broad number of identity sources. This includes HRIS, human capital management (HCM), compensation, and benefits platforms, as well as other cloud directories. JumpCloud can integrate with many leading HR solutions, like ADP, BambooHR, and Workday, as well as many other HRIS and non-HRIS solutions.
To explore JumpCloud’s available integration options, go to the JumpCloud Admin Portal and navigate to:
Directory Integrations > HR Directories > +
NEW POLICY: BitLocker Full Disk Encryption
BitLocker is an encryption feature built into Windows computers. It secures your data by scrambling it so it can’t be read without using a recovery key.
BitLocker differs from most other encryption programs because it uses your Windows login to secure your data – with no extra passwords necessary. Once you’re logged in, you can access your files normally, and after you log out, everything’s secured.
JumpCloud’s BitLocker policy lets administrators remotely enforce BitLocker Full Disk Encryption on JumpCloud managed devices.
NOW AVAILABLE: Make Secure Access Easier with JumpCloud Password Manager™
Our newest product gives IT admins peace of mind that all users can securely access critical resources, while reducing the overhead of forgotten passwords, security risks, and lockouts.
With JumpCloud Password Manager, IT teams can:
- Unify access management (SSO, MFA, and password-based authentication) from a single admin console
- Increase visibility over user access across the organization
- Improve insight into weak credentials by equipping team members to identify and avoid weak and reused passwords
- Collaborate securely by enabling users to share passwords, two-factor authentication, payment cards, and other types of confidential info in a secure and auditable manner
Password Manager is now available to all audiences. Check out all its features today!
NEW JUMPCLOUD UNIVERSITY OFFERINGS: Self-Guided Implementation
Now, you can get started with JumpCloud on your own timeline! JumpCloud University has updated resources for customers who are choosing to self-serve their implementation:
- Self-Guided Implementation Webinar: These live webinars will be hosted weekly starting mid-October.
- Implementation Guides: These PDF guides provide a step-by-step implementation process for you to follow.
- Implementation Learning Path: This path offers a collection of JCU courses to support your implementation journey.
What to Read Next
- [Blog] Remote Assist Drives IT and End User Productivity | Learn about all the benefits of implementing Remote Assist in this blog from Joranna Ng, Senior Product Marketing Manager.
- [Blog] Are you Ventura-Ready? | macOS 13 Ventura is slated to arrive sometime this month. Learn all about its newest features and functionalities.
- [Blog] Preparing for macOS 13 Ventura – Important Information | While we at JumpCloud have spent the summer preparing for the release of Ventura, not all organizations will be ready to adopt this new platform on day 1. Learn why you may want to delay its install on your company’s devices, and how to do it.
- See What Your Peers Say | With over 1,500 customer reviews, JumpCloud has a 4.6-star rating on G2 and a 4.7-star review on Capterra. Read the G2 and Capterra user reviews, and add your own!
Mental Health for IT Admins: Helping the Helpdesk
Thursday, November 3rd at 12 pm ET
Prioritize your mental health while connecting with others during our live conversational event. We’ll talk about habits and practices we use as admins to improve mental health in our daily lives and get tips from a licensed psychologist on preventing our high-intensity workloads from taking over not only our time, but also our mentalities.
Rick Ginsberg, Ph.D., Licensed Psychologist
Ricky Jordan, Senior Technology Manager, Primitive Apparel
Wayne T. Edwards, System Administrator, Applications, AeroVironment
IT in 2023: How to Prep for a “Make or Break” Year
Thursday, November 22th at 12 pm ET
Come hear the intel we’ve gathered from a range of thought leaders, analysts, customers, and partners on what’s projected for 2023 and how to factor these potential economic, social, and political changes into your IT plan.
Other Things You Should Know
JumpCloud Professional Services is Here to Help | New and existing customers can now secure white-glove, personalized attention to support their IT departments. Whether you are just getting started using JumpCloud or adopting new features into your environment, we have experts to help you ensure efficiency and a smooth rollout.