Happy Holidays from all of us at JumpCloud!
To give thanks this month, we’re bringing you several exciting announcements on the newest ways we’re Making Work Happen™.
As we move into the final month of the year, we’re also investing in a new approach to this very newsletter. Stay tuned for a whole new experience, coming in 2023!
This survey-backed report explores how SME IT teams are responding to today’s growing security threats, economic uncertainty, and user experience challenges. Get your copy to see how you compare to your peers and discover opportunities for growth in the next year.
NEW RELEASE: Universal Chrome Browser Patch Management
Chrome Browser Patch Management is now available for use within the JumpCloud admin console! This new release includes:
- A new navigation within Policy Management for “Patch Management,” with specific tabs for managing OS and new Chrome Browser policies.
- A “Load Default Policies” button that enforces updates in as little as 1 day after the release of a new Chrome version.
The Chrome Browser Management policy is the first Universal JumpCloud policy which can be universally applied to macOS, Windows, and Linux devices.
NOW GENERALLY AVAILABLE: JumpCloud Remote Assist
Remote Assist is now generally available! This feature empowers IT admins to easily connect to their end users’ Windows and macOS devices from anywhere, and in real time, to resolve their technical problems.
Remote Assist is free for any organization to use, at any scale, for any number of devices – without any limits on time!
Note: This release focuses on attended access for macOS and Windows. Linux and unattended access coming soon!
8 Expert-Recommended Best Practices to Secure Linux Systems
Like MacOS and Windows systems, securing Linux devices is paramount to ensuring critical and sensitive data is safe from outside threats.
While many developers view Linux’s wide range of distribution and configuration options as desirable, the operating system (OS) presents a real challenge to IT admins.
In this article, we highlight eight Linux System best practices worth following for better security.
GET READ: The IT Admin’s 2023 Planning Kit
If you haven’t checked out our IT Admin’s 2023 Planning Kit yet, there’s no better time to prep for the new year than today!
This free resource has every tool you’ll need to set yourself – and your company – up for success in 2023. Download today for instant access to:
- A budgeting template to set your IT department’s financial outlook
- A total cost of ownership calculator to understand, compare and communicate your direct and indirect costs
- A 2023 IT readiness assessment tool to get a clear picture of your IT resources, asset conditions, existing security measures and more
- An IT priority matrix to weigh urgencies to determine which tasks to focus on first
What to Read Next
- [Blog] What’s the Deal with Open Source MDM? | The recent shift towards remote and hybrid work is pushing admins to strategize their mobile device management (MDM) efforts. Learn everything you need to know about open source and free MDM.
- [Blog] Community Roundup November 2022 | Didn’t spend as much time in the JumpCloud community this month as you’d like to have? Check out our monthly community highlights for the cheat sheet of everything you’ve missed.
- [Blog] Why Aren’t More SMEs Using Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA)? | Despite having awareness of cybersecurity risks, 67% of business decision-makers aren’t using MFA. Learn the benefits and common misconceptions of this security practice.
- See What Your Peers Say | With over 1,500 customer reviews, JumpCloud has a 4.6-star rating on G2 and a 4.7-star review on Capterra. Read the G2 and Capterra user reviews, and add your own!
Security Best Practices for Small and Medium Enterprises from JumpCloud and CrowdStrike
Thursday, December 8, 12:00pm ET
How do you create a security strategy that offers the protection you need without breaking the bank or adding unnecessary complexity to your existing workflows? Let’s talk about it. Tune in live to hear from CrowdStrike and JumpCloud experts on the best practices, policies, and architectures you can quickly implement to secure your growing business.
Patrick Meagher, Sr. Corporate Sales Engineer, Crowdstrike
Chase Doelling, Principal Strategist, JumpCloud
IT in 2023: How to Prep for a “Make or Break” Year
Come hear the intel we’ve gathered from a range of thought leaders, analysts, customers, and partners on what’s projected for 2023 and how to factor these potential economic, social, and political changes into your IT plan.
Other Things You Should Know
- [Webinar] Mental Health for IT Admins: Helping the Helpdesk | Your mental health doesn’t belong on the backlog. Check out this on-demand webinar to learn how to make your mental health a P1.
- [Guide] Forrester’s 2023 Security & Risk Planning Guide | This guide offers tips on how to prepare your IT budget for 2023, including which investments are necessary during an economic downturn, how to minimize existing costs, and data-backed insights on how companies like yours are divvying up their budgets.