Are you struggling to keep up with multiple identities for the same users that live across different applications? Google Workspace and Microsoft 365 admins now have an easier option: Manage identities that live in different resources from a single cloud directory. With JumpCloud, IT admins using Google and/or M365 can manage those users from a single console (including both services in conjunction — should you need to!).
“I’ve talked with countless IT admins, CIOs, and CTOs — about which provider they should choose: Google Workspace or Microsoft 365. That decision has been a big deal. Now, it’s easy. I can say, ‘Choose which provider suits your needs today, and you can change your mind tomorrow without having to tear the house down and build it back up again. Choose both if you want as well!”Brian Coleman, founder and IT expert at Matchstick Birmingham
How to Simplify Life with a Single Cloud Directory
In a world where IT manages productivity suites like Google Workspace and Microsoft 365, along with Okta for SSO and Intune or Jamf for device management, things can get complicated fast. Making things even harder, an increasing number of organizations use Google and M365 side-by-side, which means they end up having to do a lot of duplicate work in each productivity suite.
What’s the answer? An open, cloud directory platform is the only solution capable of becoming your single source of truth: keeping track of all your users and all your IT resources, so every authentication event and each authorization right can be managed by a single system.
The JumpCloud platform is your one directory to manage all identities from one console. And, our latest functionality makes it easy for IT to import users from bespoke productivity suites, including Google Workspace and Microsoft 365, so they can be managed from a single directory.
Here’s a view of the new in-console interface:
Benefits of One Directory Managing Google Workspace and Microsoft 365
After you’ve imported your Google Workspace and Microsoft 365 identities into JumpCloud, you can save hours of work. From the single JumpCloud Admin Portal you can:
- Centrally manage all the imported users and virtually every connected IT resource, instead of working individually in the Google Workspace and Microsoft 365 platforms
- Improve the end user experience with minimal disruptions, as the import allows you to maintain their existing credentials across resources and keep their passwords synchronized
Let’s take a step back: If you start in Google Workspace, you typically create users and their associated Gmail accounts, as well as SSO for certain applications. But, if you want additional SSO capabilities with your Gmail identities, you need to connect to an enterprise SSO vendor. If you want your users’ Gmail accounts connected to their device logins, you’ll need a directory extension solution. If you want to manage the devices themselves, you need an MDM solution. You also may need LDAP services for access to legacy applications and other LDAP-backed resources such as Samba file servers, as well as RADIUS services to control network access or access into network infrastructure equipment. All of these things are done with different solutions which often require installation, management, and integration.
Instead, JumpCloud provides a single directory to connect your users to virtually all their resources with their existing credentials and synchronized password changes.
How JumpCloud Directory Integration with Google and Microsoft Productivity Suites Works
Integrating Microsoft 365 or Google Workspace to JumpCloud is easy:
- Establish your integration: All you need is an active domain and an administrator account (start here for Google Workspace; start here for Microsoft 365).
- Import users: Use the directory modal directly within the JumpCloud Admin Portal to search for and import users from either suite.
- Provision users: Add those users to new or existing JumpCloud user groups and they instantly have access to the right IT resources.
- Set up new users: Either add new users in JumpCloud to be pushed out to their connected productivity suite(s), or create new users first in a productivity suite and import them into JumpCloud as needed.
Once this is done, you no longer have to maintain identities within bespoke tools. You have a single cloud directory that will sync across all your productivity suites and external directories.
Learn how Matchstick Birmingham keeps its clients nimble with JumpCloud — or check it out yourself today. Create a JumpCloud Free account for up to 10 users and 10 devices, along with 10 days of premium in-app chat support to get you started.