Welcome to JumpCloud’s August Newsletter.
The twin keys to a successful security program are end user buy-in and adoption, and an organization’s defense is only as strong as its weakest link. Unfortunately, when end users are unwilling (or unable) to comply with security policies, their actions to bypass them can create unintended vulnerabilities.
The general release of our multi-factor authentication solution JumpCloud Protect embodies the notion that strong security functionality must incorporate a frictionless end user experience to maximize its potential. And to aid in this, we’ve developed additional resources to coach you and your end users throughout the entire roll out process
JumpCloud Protect™ Now Available For All Orgs
JumpCloud Protect is an integrated multi-factor authentication (MFA) solution that makes it easier for JumpCloud admins to enable MFA across their org beyond cloud applications and secure end user access to more IT resources, including Mac, Windows, and Linux desktops, VPN and wireless networks, and password management through a combination of push notifications and TOTP.
JumpCloud Protect is available across all bundle packages and the Cloud MFA A la Carte offering at no extra cost, eliminating the need to pay for additional licensing for MFA functionality.
Empowering End Users to Adopt MFA
JumpCloud Protect was designed with the end user in mind; Push as second factor simplifies their experience and encourages adoption.
However, training and communication are critical to make MFA rollouts a success. The JumpCloud Education Team has developed a series of resources focused on directly helping end users understand the benefits and functionality of JumpCloud Protect.
Group Update Alerts For User Attribute Changes
Keeping track of users, devices, application access, and more means IT admins must keep their head on a swivel; this is especially challenging when an employee’s role changes, necessitating new access requirements, or when new employees are being onboarded with distinct needs based on department, location, and more.
With this new release to Group Updates, admins now receive an alert via email and in the Admin Portal to review and update a user’s group membership when an attribute of that user changes. This ensures employees receive timely access to any new resources they need, and are promptly removed from those they do not, without the need for excessive, manual review.
JumpCloud SSO: Additions and Upgrades
Through JumpCloud SSO, admins can centralize their employees’ access to all applications through a single set of credentials leveraging SAML 2.0 and SCIM connectors. In addition to building custom applications, admins can select from JumpCloud’s growing list of out-of-the-box connectors to expedite and simplify this process.
Last month JumpCloud added and updated the following pre-configured SAML applications:
If you have a connector you’d like to see on this list, you can submit your request here.
Zero Trust Security: A Transformative Way to Secure Your Hybrid Workplace
While the concept of Zero Trust security has been around for over a decade, it has gained traction in the face of widespread remote work, BYOD policies, and decentralized IT networks. And, our own research shows that education about the fundamentals is still needed, as well as strong direction for its implementation.
Check out this whitepaper to learn more about the development of Zero Trust security, why it’s so important to understand and adopt, how it’s being used, and how it can make a fundamental difference in your business.
What To Read Next
- JumpCloud MFA Guide. Bookmark this JumpCloud Support KB article to quickly access all the resources you need to understand JumpCloud Protect and how you can best implement it within your environment. Read more.
- Transitioning to JumpCloud Protect Push MFA: This guide will walk you through the steps you need to transition from Duo (or another MFA solution) to JumpCloud Protect, with additional resources and training links contained within. Read more.
- Making Endpoint Security Easy for Users in a Small Company with JumpCloud. A search for remote, multi-OS device management and a desire to improve security practices led this small company to roll out JumpCloud across their entire stack. Read more.
- See What Your Peers Say: With over 800 customer reviews, JumpCloud has a 4.6-star rating on G2. Read the G2 user reviews, and add your own.
IT in 2021 (and Beyond): Remote Work, and Our Zero-Trust Future
Speakers | Gary Reiner, Operating Partner at General Atlantic
Alex Hoff, Co-founder & CPO, Auvik
When | September 15, 2021 @ 11:30 AM (ET)
Other Things You Should Know
- Windows Update Notifications Configuration: Admins can help their users to automatically download and install the latest Windows 10 features, improvements, drivers, and hotfixes from the Admin console, with less interruptions and restarts.
- Scheduling User Suspensions. Admins can now schedule (using a specified date and time) when a user’s account will be suspended, making it easier to automate offboarding activities and reduce improper access privileges.
- Linux Disk Encryption Status. JumpCloud Administrators can now easily see if their Linux systems are encrypted on System Insights, under Device Details in the JumpCloud Admin Console.
- 5 Things That Drive C-Level IT Purchase Decisions. To advocate for your preferred stack, you need to be able to express the value of these tools in terms top leadership will understand.
Find a more technical breakdown of our recent releases in our August release notes.