There are a few updates coming to how you interact with your API key in the admin portal.
Starting November 8, 2023, your API key will not be visible to you after initial creation.
Here are some things to keep in mind:
- After this change, API Keys will only be displayed at the time they’re created, make sure to store it in a secure place, like JumpCloud’s Password Manager so you can access it when you need it.
- Remember, once a new API key is generated, it will revoke access to the current API Key. This will render all calls using the previous API Key inaccessible and you will need to update any integrations with the new API key.
Generating an API Key
To generate a new API key:
- Log in to the JumpCloud Admin Portal or MTP.
- In the top right corner, click on your initials > My API Key.
- Click on Generate New API Key.
Important: This is the only time your API key will be visible to you. Store it somewhere safe so you can access it if needed.
- Once your new API key is generated, it revokes access to the current API key being used.
- You will have to update any existing integrations that use an API key with the newly generated value.
- This will impact any of the following integrations:
- AD Import
- HRIS integrations
- JumpCloud Powershell Module
- Directory Insights Serverless App
- 3rd party MDM Zero-touch packages
- Command Triggers
- Okta SCIM integration
- Azure AD SCIM integration
- Integrations built to create/update users and/or devices using 3rd party tools like Workato, Aquera, Tray,io, etc.
- Automations and custom applications, and any other use cases that involve an Administrators JumpCloud API key.