This issue has been resolved as of November 14, 2023. We will continue to update as needed.
During the week of November 6th, 2023, JumpCloud discovered an issue where expected Patch Management alerts on macOS devices were not working. This issue affects devices running macOS versions 12.6.1 and later, 13.6 and later, and 14.0 and later.
JumpCloud’s Patch Management product on macOS manages update alerts by:
- Nudging the user to perform updates by displaying default or custom alerts
- Sending MDM commands to the device to complete the update when the enforcement period is over
Due to a change in the way that macOS handles launchctl events, the JumpCloud notifications application won’t launch when it detects an update is available to the device. We are actively addressing this issue and expect to deliver a fix sometime during the week of November 13, 2023.
While we work on fixing this issue, organizations can prevent the automatic enforcement of updates for their macOS Patch Policies in the Admin Portal.
To prevent the automatic enforcement of updates on your Mac patch management policies:
- Log in to the JumpCloud Admin Portal: https://console.jumpcloud.com.
- Go to DEVICE MANAGEMENT > Policy Management, then click the Patch Management tab.
- Select the OS sub-tab.
- Click to select the policy you want to update. The Details tab for the policy displays.
- Click to expand the Minor Update Settings section.
- Click to deselect Enforce Automatic Updates, then click save.