This policy manages the ability to include Internet results in a Spotlight search. Spotlight finds items on your Mac, like apps, files, and emails. With Siri Suggestions, you can get news, sports, stock prices, weather, and more.
To create a Spotlight Internet Results policy for Mac:
- Log in to the JumpCloud Admin Portal: https://console.jumpcloud.com/login.
- Go to DEVICE MANAGEMENT > Policy Management.
- In the All tab, click (+).
- On the New Policy panel, select the Mac tab.
- Select the Spotlight Internet Results policy from the list, then click configure.
- Under Settings, select Spotlight Internet to restrict Spotlight to only returning local Internet search results.
- (Optional) Select the Device Groups tab. Select one or more device groups where you’ll apply this policy. For device groups with multiple OS member types, the policy is applied only to the supported OS.
- (Optional) Select the Devices tab. Select one or more devices where you’ll apply this policy.
- Click save.
- For changes to take effect, log out and then log back in to the JumpCloud Admin Portal.