JumpCloud Administrators can easily convert a JumpCloud managed user into a local user on a macOS device. The procedure to do so is as follows.
Familiarize yourself with the complete procedure before beginning.
- In the JumpCloud Admin Console, unbind the JumpCloud managed user from the macOS system.
- At the macOS system, login as any other different administrative user.
- Verify that the unbound JumpCloud managed user no longer appears in System Settings > Users & Groups.
- Verify that the user’s home directory still resides in /Users, in an inactive state.
- Launch Terminal and type the following Terminal command to look for the user in local directory services on the system: sudo dscl . -list /users
- Type the following Terminal command to remove the user from local directory services on the system: sudo dscl . -delete /Users/thisusername
- Repeat the following Terminal command to confirm the user is no longer in local directory services on the system: sudo dscl . -list /users
- In System Settings > Users & Groups, add a new local user with the exact same account name as the inactive home folder.
- When “Create User” is clicked, a dialog box will appear.
- Click “Use Existing Folder” button in the dialog box to complete the procedure.
- Logout and login as the newly created local user.