How it Works
Install AD Sync Agent
In this simulation, you'll experience what it's like to install Active Directory Sync to allow the bidirectional sync of users and groups between Active Directory and JumpCloud. Read more in this article.
- Prerequisite: You will need access to your organization's domain controller.
- Login to the admin console and go to the directories page.
- Click on the existing domain configuration to open the directory details.
- Click “Install a new Sync Agent”. The import agent should automatically download. Open the file once it’s finished downloading.
- Click “Next” to start installing the sync agent. Enter the Root DN. This should match the Active Directory Domain in JumpCloud.
- Open your Server Manager and click “Tools” > “Active Directory Users and Computers”.
- Then right click to open the actions menu and click “New” > “User”. Give this user a distinguishable name. Make sure it does not include the word “JumpCloud”.
- Create a password for this user.
- Deselect the option “User must change password at next logon” and select the option “Password never expires”.
- Follow the rest of the prompts to finish creating your user.
- Right click to open the actions menu and click “Delegate Control”.
- Follow the prompts and add the sync agent user you just created.
- Select the first six common tasks on the "Tasks to Delegate" prompt.
- Follow the prompts and finish the setup.
- Reopen the sync agent wizard and login with the user credentials you just created. Make sure to add your domain name in front of the username.
- Return to the JumpCloud console to retrieve your Connect Key.
- Copy the Connect Key from JumpCloud and paste it into the sync agent wizard.
- Follow the prompts and install the sync agent.
- Navigate back to the JumpCloud console, close the "Install Sync Agent" window and click on the Domain Agents tab.
- You can view the active sync agent here. Click “Save”.