How it Works
Conditional Access: Geolocation
In this simulation, you'll experience what it's like to create a conditional access policy that denies user access to any user authenticating to the User Portal from outside the selected country (in this example, United States). Conditional Access Policies are customizable to fit your preferred geolocation requirements.
- Navigate to Conditional Policies and click the green plus button to create a new policy.
- Select User Portal as the resource.
- Enter a policy name and description, if desired.
- In the Assignments section, click “All Users”.
- In the Conditions section, click the “add condition” button.
- Click “Location”.
- Click the “in country” dropdown.
- Click “not in country”.
- Click the “Countries” dropdown.
- Search for your desired country and click to select it.
- Scroll to the Action section.
- In the Action section, click “Deny access”.
- Click “create policy” to save.
- Congrats! All users who aren’t in the United States will be denied access to the User Portal.